Director of Marketing, Admissions and Communications
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, ADMISSIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
Salary: In the region of £65,000 – £75,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
This newly created senior role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of the future vision for Glenalmond College.
Glenalmond College is a leading independent co-educational boarding and day school for some 360 pupils aged 12-18. Set in more than 300 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, Glenalmond’s grounds are some of the most beautiful of any school in the UK.
The College is now seeking to appoint an exceptional Director of Marketing, Admissions and Communications to take the lead in creating, developing and implementing Glenalmond’s marketing, admissions and communications strategies, building the already well recognised brand and promoting Glenalmond at every opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Warden and sitting on the Warden’s Executive Committee, this senior and important role will provide strategic leadership, initiative, management and delivery of all aspects of marketing and communications for the College and working closely with the Head of Admissions will lead on all pupil recruitment activities.
This is a high profile, varied and exciting leadership position suited to a high calibre commercial marketing professional who can demonstrate established and effective leadership skills, combined with extensive marketing and communications experience, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills gained inside or outside the education sector.
Interested candidates are invited to contact RSAcademics to arrange an informal and confidential discussion with Lucy Mediratta, Search Consultant: email@example.com
For further information click HERE
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Tuesday 17th October 2023.
Head of Admissions
HEAD OF ADMISSIONS
Salary: In the region of £50,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Glenalmond College is a highly successful, independent co-educational boarding and day school for some 360 pupils aged 12-18. The school is set in more than 300 acres of stunning Perthshire countryside, yet only 20 minutes from Perth and close to the major cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow. The education offered at Glenalmond – academic and co-curricular is of the highest quality. Priority is given to academic achievement whilst ensuring that everyone develops their own individual strengths and skills outside the classroom, wherever they may lie.
The Warden is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and determined Head of Admissions who will be responsible for leading on pupil recruitment and shaping and developing the Admissions function at the College. The postholder will demonstrate the ability to think strategically and creatively in developing new markets and shaping the future pupil body. This is an exciting time to join Glenalmond as it builds on its traditions whilst focusing on the future with ambitious plans for growth and development.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the Warden, this newly created role will have a high profile within the College. The Head of Admissions will lead a small team, including the recently appointed Registrar, and will play a key role in the strategic direction of the College, identifying and responding to future challenges and opportunities for Glenalmond.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for Glenalmond’s values and have a demonstrable track record in high-quality stakeholder engagement and relationship management gained within or outside the education sector. Prior experience in a schools’ admissions context is not essential but the successful candidate will have a good knowledge and understanding of the independent educational landscape and an instinctive feel for the school’s customers.
For further information about the role and details of how to apply please visit: www.rsacademics.com
Interested candidates are invited to contact RSAcademics to arrange an informal and confidential discussion about the role:
Lucy Mediratta, Search Consultant: LucyMediratta@rsacademics.com
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Monday 12th June 2023.
Glenalmond College is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
The safeguarding responsibilities of the role are indicated in the candidate information.
RSAcademics is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools.
Head of Marketing and Communications
The Head of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the effective leadership and management of all aspects of the College’s marketing and communication, both strategically and operationally.
Reporting directly to the new Warden (Headteacher), this is a crucial role in the ambitious strategic development of Glenalmond College over the next few years. The position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly-skilled and motivated individual to contribute to the day-to-day running of a busy, vibrant boarding school. The role may well involve line management.
While marketing and communication experience is desirable, it is not essential; more important are an optimistic, energetic and positive attitude, bags of initiative, creativity and an ability to work well under pressure. A large part of the role involves building and maintaining warm relationships with a variety of stakeholders, be they feeder schools, pupils, parents, staff or the local community, in order to encourage engagement and mutual support.
The purpose of the role is to communicate, celebrate and promote in an authentic and effective manner everything about the College: what it stands for, what it believes in, its educational philosophy and what the pupils are up to.
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of the marketing and communication strategy. The post-holder will work alongside, and closely, with the Admissions and Development teams.
● Creation, implementation, review and adaptation of the marketing & communication strategy in support of the College’s strategic aims.
● Enhancing the reputation of Glenalmond College as a ‘must-consider’, leading boarding school on the Scottish, British and global levels.
● Monthly analysis of marketing performance with metrics and the support of
delivery of management reports with key marketing data and statistics.
● Collaborating with the Director of Admissions, to ensure that the marketing and
admissions strategies are fully aligned.
● Collaboration with the Director of Development and OG Club to develop and
strengthen relationships with OG Network.
● Developing and managing a daily programme of communications across digital, social and traditional media channels, with monthly analysis and reporting.
● Responding to press enquiries and other external individuals and organisations with sensitivity and suitable judgement.
● Support the Warden with outward communication, acting as a key ghost-writer for social media, newsletters, press releases and brochures.
● Undertake market and competitor research, audit, benchmarking and analysis.
● Identify effective means to grow and organise target audience marketing lists to
use for outbound communications and productive sales pitches (capturing email
addresses on the website, Open Days etc.).
● Ensuring that the image library is regularly updated and has a fresh stock of images, photos and videos.
3. Brand Guardian
● Building, maintaining and driving the College’s brand in terms of image and
narrative and overseeing agency and other third-party service providers to ensure
effective delivery and value for money.
● To design brand guidelines for use in all external communications.
● Ensuring that brand consistency is maintained throughout all marketing activity in ethos, style and content and that the school community adheres to the Glenalmond College Brand Guidelines at all times.
● Overseeing the production of all branded materials, including but not limited to
prospectuses, open day literature, welcome packs, event brochures, academic
publications and newsletters, working with colleagues to ensure consistency and
● Support departments with the design and printing of in-house marketing collateral, such as drama events (booklets. videography), Programmes and initiatives (peer support advertising etc.), business cards and lanyards.
4. Website, Social Media & Customer Relationship Management
● Act as liaison between the College and the agency responsible for the website. Deliver proactive and effective social and digital content strategy.
5. Print, Press and Digital News
● Writing effective and engaging press releases and liaising with local and national media to increase awareness of Glenalmond College and promote its values and recruitment aims.
● Manage the College’s print and online advertising campaigns, and overseeing the schedule to ensure assets are supplied on time.
● Manage the provision of regular parent, agent and prospective digital newsletters to meet our recruitment and retention aims.
● Drive the improvement of the Glenalmond College parent digital user experience, i.e. parent portal, intranet, and calendar.
● Sharing of articles online.
● Production of the school’s print and online materials, including the Chronicle.
● Assist with organisation and promotion of key marketing events (on-site and virtual), such as Open Days, Taster Days, Commemoration Days, Results Days, College productions and concerts.
● Developing events and engagement programmes with the local community, feeder schools and other partners, in order to promote the College.
7. Photography & Videography
● Oversee the production of relevant photography and video to provide content for website, social channels and marketing campaigns.
● Plan, edit and create high-quality professional, creative, and effective photography and video content in order to showcase modern, cutting edge marketing standards via the website, social channels and marketing campaigns.
● Establish effective means and relationships with frontline staff/pupils to organise high quality photo/video content. This is in order to share the Glenalmond stories which focus on all areas of the business, not just the most visual or active.
● Ensure pupil permissions are adhered to in accordance with the data protection rules.
8. Advertisement, Sponsorship and Strategic Partnership
● Overseeing relevant sponsorships to ensure they deliver value and drive brand
● Nurturing strategic partnerships which amplify brand awareness with target
A competitive salary, a good working environment as part of a close-knit team, and the possibility of opportunities for the role to grow and develop.
Fee concessions are available for staff children who attend Glenalmond and there are various reciprocal arrangements with local prep schools.
Applications for the post
Glenalmond is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children:
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers/Disclosure Scotland at enhanced level. Appointments will be conditional on references acceptable to the College and sight of original qualification certificates.
All applications must be made on the College Application Form. Please also include a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position.
Detailed information about Glenalmond, together with a copy of this job description and a non-
teaching application form, can be found at:
Glenalmond College, Perth PH1 3RY T: 01738 842000 www.glenalmondcollege.co.uk
Registered Scottish Charity: SC006123
Role: To support the Director of Admissions in all tasks for the day-to-day operation of the admissions function.
- In conjunction with the Admissions team maintain accurate records on the school databases
- Assist in ensuring that the Admissions Department is fully integrated and engaged with all aspects of school life
- Provide agents with up-to-date information and contracts
- Provide advice to parents /guardians about the availability of places in all-year groups
- Provide advice to parents/guardians on entry criteria
- Organise and administer entrance assessments and interviews
- Liaise with visa company in order to provide all necessary information for the issuing of visas and assisting clients and agents with the immigration requirements
- Work closely with visa company termly on returners and of any visa issues
- Representing the school by attending school-related social / evening functions
- Compilation of internal entrance papers and the results
- Arranging prospective parents/guardians’ visits to the school (internally and externally) and organizing pupil tour guides
- Following up after visits obtaining feedback and tracking inquiries
- Responsible for the updating of the school handbook and uniform guide on an annual basis
- Reviewing and updating all new pupil paperwork on a termly basis
- Attending other school fairs and events when required
- Any other tasks within reason that the Director of Admissions may require
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- PC literate, G Suite preferred, and proficient user of database packages, software applications, and digital media
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of independent education and the ability to learn in detail about the curriculum life at Glenalmond
- Effective time management skills, well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Experience of working in an admissions department of an independent school
- Understanding the immigration system on visa applications
Competencies and personal attributes:
- Open communicator, willing to report progress and identify issues early on
- Professional manner and appearance with the ability to act as an ambassador for the School
- Flexibility in working in an office environment and after office hours
- The ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- Ability to build strong business relationships internally
- Committed to CPD and willing to undertake training for the better performance of the role
- Additional language proficiency
Hours of Work
This is a full-time post with the requirement for 35 hours of work on average per week. There is a requirement for flexibility with some travel likely for events and attendance at key events required, such as Open Days on weekends.
30 days plus 10 Bank Holidays
In the range of £24,000—£26,000 depending on skills and experience.
All applications are to be submitted on the College’s application form for Support Staff; this is obtainable from the College website:
Please complete this form and submit this together with a covering letter detailing your reasons for applying for the post and your suitability for the position. Please return completed application forms electronically to:
The deadline for all applications is 1 p.m. on Friday 22nd July but please feel free to submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews are planned to take place in the week commencing 25th July 2022, although we reserve the right to interview and appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
The appointment process will include an interview, the opportunity to meet colleagues, as well a visit to the College.
Further details and a schedule will be provided in advance of the interview.
Glenalmond College is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children and expects all its employees to share this commitment. Any job offer will be made subject to satisfactory checks with previous employers, including an enhanced check with Disclosure Scotland. Appointments will be conditional on references acceptable to the College and sight of original qualification certificates.
Glenalmond College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
International Admissions Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the running of a well-established, vibrant and successful school. Strathallan is seeking to appoint an International Admissions officer to join our External Relations department. The successful candidate will support the Admissions Manager / Registrar to promote and increase the number of international pupils at Strathallan. This is a varied and busy role which requires outstanding levels of customer service and competent organisational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
Strathallan welcomes diversity and encourages anyone who has the necessary skills and experience to apply.
Further information and application forms are available from our website.