Role: To support the Director of Admissions in all tasks for the day-to-day operation of the admissions function.
- In conjunction with the Admissions team maintain accurate records on the school databases
- Assist in ensuring that the Admissions Department is fully integrated and engaged with all aspects of school life
- Provide agents with up-to-date information and contracts
- Provide advice to parents /guardians about the availability of places in all-year groups
- Provide advice to parents/guardians on entry criteria
- Organise and administer entrance assessments and interviews
- Liaise with visa company in order to provide all necessary information for the issuing of visas and assisting clients and agents with the immigration requirements
- Work closely with visa company termly on returners and of any visa issues
- Representing the school by attending school-related social / evening functions
- Compilation of internal entrance papers and the results
- Arranging prospective parents/guardians’ visits to the school (internally and externally) and organizing pupil tour guides
- Following up after visits obtaining feedback and tracking inquiries
- Responsible for the updating of the school handbook and uniform guide on an annual basis
- Reviewing and updating all new pupil paperwork on a termly basis
- Attending other school fairs and events when required
- Any other tasks within reason that the Director of Admissions may require
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- PC literate, G Suite preferred, and proficient user of database packages, software applications, and digital media
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of independent education and the ability to learn in detail about the curriculum life at Glenalmond
- Effective time management skills, well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Experience of working in an admissions department of an independent school
- Understanding the immigration system on visa applications
Competencies and personal attributes:
- Open communicator, willing to report progress and identify issues early on
- Professional manner and appearance with the ability to act as an ambassador for the School
- Flexibility in working in an office environment and after office hours
- The ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- Ability to build strong business relationships internally
- Committed to CPD and willing to undertake training for the better performance of the role
- Additional language proficiency
Hours of Work
This is a full-time post with the requirement for 35 hours of work on average per week. There is a requirement for flexibility with some travel likely for events and attendance at key events required, such as Open Days on weekends.
30 days plus 10 Bank Holidays
In the range of £24,000—£26,000 depending on skills and experience.
All applications are to be submitted on the College’s application form for Support Staff; this is obtainable from the College website:
Please complete this form and submit this together with a covering letter detailing your reasons for applying for the post and your suitability for the position. Please return completed application forms electronically to:
The deadline for all applications is 1 p.m. on Friday 22nd July but please feel free to submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews are planned to take place in the week commencing 25th July 2022, although we reserve the right to interview and appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
The appointment process will include an interview, the opportunity to meet colleagues, as well a visit to the College.
Further details and a schedule will be provided in advance of the interview.
Glenalmond College is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children and expects all its employees to share this commitment. Any job offer will be made subject to satisfactory checks with previous employers, including an enhanced check with Disclosure Scotland. Appointments will be conditional on references acceptable to the College and sight of original qualification certificates.
Glenalmond College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
International Admissions Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the running of a well-established, vibrant and successful school. Strathallan is seeking to appoint an International Admissions officer to join our External Relations department. The successful candidate will support the Admissions Manager / Registrar to promote and increase the number of international pupils at Strathallan. This is a varied and busy role which requires outstanding levels of customer service and competent organisational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
Strathallan welcomes diversity and encourages anyone who has the necessary skills and experience to apply.
Further information and application forms are available from our website.