AMCIS Diploma in School Admissions Management
Please note: This course is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact Melissa Huntsman, Events and Training Manager: [email protected]
The AMCIS Certificate in Admissions Management has been running for over 14 years. Recognised by independent schools as the only sector specific qualification for admissions personnel, the Certificate is highly regarded and sought after.
As the sector has evolved, so has the role of admissions in schools, and following extensive research across our membership and beyond we have restructured and redesigned the course to ensure that we deliver the most cutting edge, relevant, informative and up to date course for those looking to gain experience and knowledge of admissions in the Independent Schools Sector today.
The course will now be known as the AMCIS Diploma in School Admissions Management
There are two parts to the new Diploma in School Admissions Management – Please note that Part 1 and Part 2 must be completed in their entirety (including submission and passing of the relevant assignments), within TWO academic years, to be awarded with the Diploma in Schools Admissions Management.
We would like to stress that this course specifically focuses on the admissions activity of UK based day/boarding Independent Schools.
Part 1: One day immersive course looking at all aspects of Admissions Management – Thursday 21 October 2021
Online via the Zoom Meetings platform, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Part 1 is designed to equip admissions personnel with an understanding of the processes of Admissions Management and provide a framework within which to effectively and successfully deliver their school’s admissions activity.
The course provides an opportunity for delegates to assess their own skills and examine new ideas and approaches.
Ideally suited to those new to the role or those who wish to expand their knowledge within this specific sector.
Candidates will be required to complete and successfully pass a set assignment following attendance at the Part 1 course.
Online via the Zoom Meetings platform
Candidates are required to select and attend three workshops from the following six workshops:
- International recruitment – Thursday 20 January 2022, 09.30 – 12.30 – ONLINE
- Retention, recruitment and beyond – Thursday 20 January 2022, 13.30 – 16.30 – ONLINE
- Auditing your admissions process – Thursday 17 February 2022, 09.30 – 12.30 – ONLINE
- Structuring your team – Thursday 17 February 2022, 13.30 – 16.30 – ONLINE
- Event management – Thursday 10 March 2022, 09.30 – 12.30 – ONLINE
- Statistics – Thursday 10 March 2022, 13.30 – 16.30 – ONLINE
Candidates will be required to complete and successfully pass a set assignment following attendance at each of the three workshops.
In addition, candidates are required to select and attend one workshop from the following two workshops:
- The small print – safeguarding, policies, T&Cs, visas – Thursday 24 March 2022, 09.30 – 12.30 – ONLINE
- The entrance procedure – Scholarships, Bursaries, Awards, Assessments – Thursday 24 March 2022, 13.30 – 16.30 – ONLINE
Candidates will NOT be required to complete an assignment following attendance at these workshops.
Terms & Conditions:
To read our Terms and Conditions relating to booking, attendance and payment of this event, along with our cancellation and refund policy, please view here: T&C’s.
- October 21, 2021 9:30am
- Part 1: £225, Part 2: £400 (Members)
- Part 1: £450, Part 2: £800 (Non-Members)