Admissions Administration Manager
Do you enjoy dealing with data and managing administrative processes?
We are looking for a well-organised and experienced administrator to join the school’s busy Admissions team which has responsibility for pupil recruitment for its Nursery, Pre-prep, Prep and Senior Schools, co-located in 120 acres of South Downs National Park.
Working as part of a professional customer-facing team, the ideal candidate will be pro-active, well organised, and have a strong desire for accurate, up-to-date and complete data. Candidates should have an eye for detail and an appreciation of the importance of data, systems and processes to ensure delivery of a positive and responsive admissions experience. They should also be comfortable communicating with prospective parents and children as they progress through the admissions journey.
Experience & Background
The role will suit administrators who enjoy working both independently and as part of a team, and those who will be able to identify, recommend and see through improvements to the system alongside managing the ongoing administrative processes. Previous experience in a similar role and working with Isams management software would be beneficial.
You will be responsible for:
• Working closely with admissions colleagues to ensure a seamless pupil journey from initial enquiry to enrolment across the three Bedales Schools.
• Overseeing all the admissions administration processes across the three schools, developing and implementing appropriate administration procedures, policies and practice that will ensure all relevant data is collected, recorded and analysed in compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and associated obligations, and that correct permissions are elicited and recorded appropriately.
• Overseeing the flow of key information with prospective parents and new joiners, developing and implementing appropriate processes, procedures, policies and practice in liaison with Finance, ICT and External Relations colleagues that ensure all pre-joining administration is actioned prior to starting.
This post is Regulated Activity.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, equivalent to 37.5 hours per week plus up to 10 additional Saturdays per annum. The postholder will work in term and non-term time, however, we will consider alternative part-time working patterns (eg. 4 days/week) which can be discussed at interview.
£28,539 annual starting salary based on the above hours and weeks of work.
Free on-site parking
Funded Healthcare Cash Plan
Pension with Royal London
Salary Extras Benefits Platform
Lifeworks Employee Assistance Programme
Free lunch is provided during term time
All candidates will undergo a Safeguarding Suitability Interview and application for an Enhanced DBS and Barred List check and be asked to provide evidence they are eligible to work in the UK, on an on-going basis, at the shortlist stage of the selection process.
Closing Date: 9:00am, Monday 3 January 2022
Application Review via Teams: Friday 7 January 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 12 January 2022
How to Apply
For further details on how to apply, please visit the recruitment portal on the Bedales Schools website:
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Prohibition from Teaching Checks, Prohibition from Management Checks.
The safeguarding responsibilities of the post include:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children;
• fostering a culture of openness, safety, equality and protection;
• providing a safe and welcoming environment where both children and adults feel secure, able to talk and believe that they are being listened to;
• playing a key role in prevention of harm and an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may indicate a child is at risk of harm;
• When concerned about the welfare of a pupil, acting in the best interests of the pupil.
All staff have a key role to play in identifying concerns early and in providing help for children and are expected to act in accordance with the school Safeguarding & Child Protection Policies.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job candidates to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Admissions Administration Manager
Bedales seeks a well-organised and experienced administrator to join the school’s busy Admissions team which has responsibility for pupil recruitment for its Nursery, Pre-prep, Prep and Senior Schools, co-located in 120 acres of South Downs National Park.
Working as part of a professional customer-facing team, the ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic and data-savvy, with outstanding communication, organisational and influencing skills. Candidates should have a strong eye for detail and an appreciation of the importance of data, systems and processes to ensure delivery of a positive and responsive admissions experience for prospective pupils and parents. Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday equivalent to 37.5 hours per week plus up to 10 additional Saturdays per annum.
Closing Date: 9:00am, Wednesday 30 September 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 8 October
Candidates must apply directly to Bedales Schools via the recruitment portal on the Bedales website: https://www.bedales.org.uk/home/about-bedales/bedales-schools-jobs Before applying for this post, please read the Job Description with Person Specification and Terms and Conditions which includes full details regarding the post. CVs will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application form.
Bedales is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all successful applicants will undergo safeguarding screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.