Oakham is looking to appoint an energetic, forward-thinking and ambitious Director of Admissions and Marketing.
Salary: Up to £85,000 depending on skills and experience
Oakham School is a co-educational independent day and boarding school of around 1000 pupils, aged 10-18. A uniquely balanced pupil community of 50:50 boarding and day pupils and 50:50 girls and boys live and work together in a beautiful 70-acre school campus, which is situated in the thriving market town of Oakham in the heart of rural England. Pupils who live in the local area enjoy the company of students from international backgrounds and this social harmony forms the basis of Oakham School’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere.
Reporting directly to the Headmaster, and a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Admissions and Marketing will provide inspiring and strategic leadership of the School’s pupil recruitment, marketing and communications activities, developing and implementing strategies to build on Oakham’s already well-established brand locally, nationally and internationally.
This is a high-profile and exciting leadership position and will most likely attract an experienced professional from the education sector with a track record of success in strategic marketing, communications and/or prior exposure to an admissions or pupil recruitment context. They will possess the ability to apply admissions experience and sound marketing principles to drive the School’s pupil recruitment strategy by thoroughly understanding both target audiences and the marketplace.
The successful candidate will bring significant leadership experience and will be an articulate, persuasive and credible ambassador for the School. Excellent communication, stakeholder management and relationship building skills will be essential, as will the agility and strategic skills to respond to future challenges and opportunities across the independent school sector.
Interested candidates are invited to contact RSAcademics in the first instance to arrange an informal and confidential discussion with:
- Miranda Landale, Search Consultant: email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications is 10.00am on Monday 18 March 2024.
Applications should be made electronically to RSAcademics. To submit your application, please click on “Apply Now” on the right side of this webpage and upload your documents according to the instructions provided.
You should submit:
- A completed application form
- A covering letter addressed to the Headmaster, Mr Henry Price. The letter should be a maximum of two pages and should explain your reasons for applying and outline your suitability for the role.
If you have any questions about uploading your documents please contact Khiloni Aplin, Project Coordinator (Appointments), at firstname.lastname@example.org. Khiloni can also be reached by calling our Head Office on +44 (0)1858 383163.
- Oakham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
- The safeguarding responsibilities of this post are detailed in the candidate information brochure.
- RSAcademics is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools.
Closing date for applications 18/03/2024 10.00am
Preliminary interviews will take place with RSAcademics via Microsoft Teams on Friday 22nd and Monday 25th March.
Long list interviews will take place at the School during the week commencing 8th April.
Short list interviews will take place at the School during the week commencing 15th April.