Director of Marketing, Admissions and Communications
Reporting to the Headmaster, the Director of Marketing, Admissions & Communications is responsible for providing strategic leadership in each of the three areas named in the job title and line-management of the marketing and admissions teams. As a member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team this important leadership role leads the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies through nurturing excellent relationships with all key stakeholders. The position requires contribution to the wider, more general responsibilities incumbent on a senior member of staff, such as representing the School and attending key School events.
The ideal candidate will possess commercial acumen and have a track record of success in strategic marketing, communications, content management, customer care and the leadership of cross-functional teams. The ability to be hands-on and also manage day-to-day activities and requirements is also vital. S/he will be highly articulate with outstanding interpersonal skills and a good understanding of, and affinity with, independent education.
This is a full-time position. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must therefore be willing to undergo child protection screening and safer recruitment checks appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. St Albans School is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and the creation of an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment selections are made according to suitability for the post, irrespective of background or protected characteristic.
Applications should be submitted no later than noon on Tuesday 11 January 2022 using the form available at https://www.st-albans.herts.sch.uk/information/vacancies/. A CV and a covering letter can be attached to this form. The School reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Director of Marketing
|A Leading HMC Selective Co-Educational Day School. 870 pupils (11 – 18)
Conveniently located in the heart of Kingston upon Thames with a superb Sports Ground by the Thames opposite Hampton Court Palace. Easy access to central London by rail and road.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing to provide inspiring and strategic leadership of the School’s marketing activities. The successful applicant will be a key public face of the School. This is a new role and an outstanding opportunity for a commercially minded, strategic marketing professional who combines demonstrable leadership skills with an extensive marketing and/or communications background.
The post will most likely attract an experienced professional from the independent education sector. Alternatively, the role might suit an exceptional individual with wider educational or commercial experience gained outside the sector but who has an instinctive feel for the School’s customers and their needs, bringing with them the relevant skills to undertake this complex and exciting job.
This is a role that has both strategic and ‘hands-on’ elements; it is a pivotal role within a busy and dynamic team. The postholder will effectively and efficiently manage and lead on all aspects of the School’s day-to-day marketing and be responsible for the implementation of the School’s strategic marketing plan. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be able to maintain a high level of efficiency and be calm, confident and professional. A sound understanding of Independent education would be a distinct advantage. The postholder will oversee marketing across the whole School to strengthen the School’s overall standing and reputation. The Director of Marketing will take the lead in developing and delivering outstanding marketing and pupil recruitment strategies and work closely with the Admissions team.
A job description, full person specification and application form can be downloaded via the Vacancies section on the School’s website at www.eteach.com/careers/kgs-org/
Any queries please email [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 10th November 2021 with provisional first round interviews being held on Thursday, 18th and Friday, 19th November 2021.
Kingston Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Registered Charity No. 1078461
Director of Marketing & Enterprise
Set in stunning 175-acre grounds between Liphook and Haslemere, Highfield and Brookham Schools are leading independent coeducational, Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep schools, supporting 480 students.
The Schools are renowned for delivering an exceptional and innovative education. Visitors to the Schools are struck by their warmth and the exceptional vibrancy, dynamism, happiness and energy of the children and staff who put their heart and soul into all they do.
We’re in search of a passionate and driven Director of Marketing and Enterprise to lead the Marketing and Enterprise team and raise the profile of Highfield and Brookham Schools across multiple online and offline platforms. We are looking to appoint a dynamic, creative and highly organised individual who will quickly understand and embrace our DNA. Someone who is passionate about what we do and can channel our vibrancy and heart effectively across all media.
This is a new role and a really exciting opportunity for someone with vision and imagination, looking to make their mark, shaping a newly formed team and delivering an effective strategy to drive awareness, reputation and commercial success to new heights.
As Director of Marketing and Enterprise you will lead a team of four responsible for generating interest and leads for both schools, to increase admissions. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing relations with key stakeholders to assist with fundraising, and the marketing and promotion of key events throughout the year.
Over time, the Schools have developed a number of ancillary (non-fee income) revenue streams – Highfield School of Swimming, International Summer School, Pavilion Café, Saturday at Brookham, All-Weather Pitch lettings etc. As Director of Enterprise you will have strategic oversight of these ancillary sources of revenue and be responsible for ensuring that we promote them effectively and optimise them in a coherent, thought-through fashion.
- To build on the current marketing strategy to drive the reputation and awareness to increase admissions to Highfield and Brookham
- To lead, develop and inspire a newly formed team
- To develop campaigns and communications across multiple marketing channels
- To conduct regular analysis of marketing activity to continually improve performance and better meet our goals and objectives
- To lead the Digital Marketing Manager to deliver a digital marketing plan for both schools, including web design, SEO, PPC and social media management
- To inspire the Marketing Communications Executive to execute timely press releases, to write engaging weekly newsletters and negotiate value for money advertising opportunities
- To oversee all printed communications and collateral for both parents and prospects
- To develop relationships through local networking and national events
- To manage the Head of International Development to increase admissions from international students and strengthen relationships with international agents
- To work with the fundraising committee to create and implement the fundraising strategy
- To guide the Head of External Activities to drive the commercial success of the Swim School and the Holiday Activities Programme
- To give strategic oversight to Enterprises helping to optimise all ancillary revenue streams
- To be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team alongside the two Heads, the Chairman, Estates Bursar and Finance Bursar.
- Good honours degree and CIM qualifications or similar or proven experience
- 3 years minimum experience in marketing and business development / enterprise
- Broad knowledge of all areas of marketing including advertising, press, social media, SEO, PPC, design and persuasive writing
- Recent, proven expertise and experience in digital and content marketing
- Excellent organisational and event management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tailor messages for different target markets
- Strong copywriting and proofreading editorial skills
- A good team player with excellent communication skills and good humour
- Results and deadline driven and able to work under pressure
- Belief in the benefits of independent education
- Willingness and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Experience of the independent education environment
- Design know-how and knowledge of InDesign
- Aptitude for photography
- Experience and understanding of databases
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000 dependent on qualifications and experience.
This role is based in Liphook, Hampshire. You will play a key role in the Senior Management Team and will report to the Headteachers and Chairman. You will be responsible for managing a team of four staff. This is a full-time role, working all year round.
Method of Application
A letter of application, together with a CV, including the names and addresses of two referees should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LQ.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 29th September, with interviews to be held on Wednesday 6th / Thursday 7th October.
Safer Recruitment: We are an I.A.P.S. co-educational Boarding and Day Pre-Prep and Prep School for 500 pupils aged 2 to 13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Director of Marketing, Admissions & Development
St Lawrence College is seeking to appoint a Director of Marketing, Admissions & Development to deliver outstanding marketing, communications and pupil recruitment and retention strategies for the College. This is a new and exciting role, which will contribute to the strategic direction of the whole College working with senior colleagues on the promotion of key aspects of the College’s outstanding educational provision.
This position will be suited to a highly experienced marketing professional able to deliver a full range of activities relating to advertising, branding, media relations, PR and social media. An in-depth knowledge of boarding schools will be an advantage together with experience of recruitment of international of students. This is a fulltime position available for an immediate start.
The salary on offer is competitive.
Applications will be considered upon receipt, therefore early applications are encouraged.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2020
The College reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
St Lawrence College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers, prohibition orders and enhanced DBS Disclosure.