About this Role
The role of Graphic Designer is to support the Marketing team (which will consist of a Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, PR and Communications Manager and Director of Marketing, Communications and Culture) across all stages of a project from concept creation through to completion/production to develop and maintain a visually engaging and compelling profile for the schools that clearly communications its values.
You will be responsible for creating and developing all aspects of graphic design and video assets to support the schools; including all internal and external marketing communications (advertising campaigns, social media channels, admission related materials, school publications, leaflets, brochures and posters, stationary, merchandise and all required materials for major school events such as open days and fundraising days).
Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Understand the creative vision of the department and take direction from senior members of the team
- Maintain brand consistency throughout your work, using the existing brand guidelines
- Advising on new ways to design/market our materials and present them better visually (and adapting the brand guidelines if required)
- Keep abreast of current design trends
- Work on projects from start to finish — working collaboratively across teams on conceptualisation, creation and implementation
- Work under direction and using your own initiative to complete design tasks
- Deliver within agreed timings in a fast-paced environment
- Develop design solutions that will make our audience stop and engage, compared to our competitors.
- Use your multimedia design skills across all disciplines to experiment with visual language.
- Work with the Marketing team to design impactful and engaging marketing campaigns
- Design/produce all printed marketing material
- Support the Marketing Officer to ensure all social media and website content are on brand
- Creation of original artwork for open days and events
- Support with setting up templates for modular design for efficient adaptation
- Creation and updating branded templates for the school (in PowerPoint, Word and InDesign)
- Develop all infographics and data visualisations.
- Own and evolve our multimedia design and execution, experimenting with imagery, gifs, video and animation
- Take photos at events across the school including guest speakers, sports fixtures and concerts and photo edit.
- Assist with video shoots and filming
Qualifications Skills and knowledge
- A degree in Graphic Design
- At least 4 year’s experience, ideally from a brand design agency or marketing agency or design team within an organisation
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe package: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (After Effects knowledge would be beneficial)
- Proficiency in Microsoft software – Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A photography course would be beneficial
- Good repro and digital knowledge
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating typography and layout skills, print and digital, social, web content and advertising principles.
- A meticulous eye for detail, especially in adhering to brand guidelines and proof-reading.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence to clearly present conceptual ideas
- Someone who love new ideas, takes initiative, is enthusiastic and happy to share their thoughts
- Someone who is able to multi-task, incredible organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Experience in content creation for social media channels, proficiency in best practices for content production for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- A desire to be an ambassador for the brand
- A desire to continually improve and create market-leading design.