Director of International Recruitment
Inspiring Futures Education (‘IFE’) is seeking to appoint an experienced and highly capable Director of International Recruitment.
Inspiring Futures Education
Established in March 2014, as a platform in the international education market, IFE acquired Bishopstrow College in August 2014 and Padworth College in October 2018. Established in Warminster, Wiltshire in 2006, Bishopstrow College is a leading independent international boarding school, offering English language and academic pathway programmes to international students, aged 7 to 17 years. Established in 1963, Padworth College is a leading independent boarding and day school, offering academic programmes (I/GCSE, A Level and NCUK International Foundation Year) to prepare international and British students, aged 13-18 years, for entry to top universities.
Overview of Role
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for international and domestic recruitment across IFE and will have a pivotal role to play in ensuring we achieve our growth expectations at both Bishopstrow College and Padworth College, and beyond. The role will suit an individual who is keen to make their mark on IFE over the next few years, with strong commercial and strategic thinking to drive the achievement of ambitious growth targets in line with Bishopstrow’s and Padworth’s Strategic Plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the development and implementation of the international student recruitment strategy for IFE, which seeks to increase the number and quality of international students enrolled across its schools, currently Bishopstrow College and Padworth College.
- Ensuring that the international student recruitment targets across IFE’s schools are met.
- Managing resources (staff and financial) in support of the international student recruitment strategy. This will involve providing activities and information to prospective students and their supporters (e.g., agents, families) in order to demonstrate the value of studying at IFE’s schools and to support them in making an application.
- Recruiting, developing and line managing a team of International Recruitment Officers (or equivalent) across IFE’s key international source markets, agreeing a programme of activity, taking account of differences between each country/region.
- Driving all sales activities across IFE’s schools, both strategic and tactical, promoting the Bishopstrow and Padworth brands, services and ethos, effectively differentiating both colleges from their competitors.
- Strategically positioning IFE’s schools to best advantage by implementing a cohesive multi-channel marketing strategy, aligned with the key aims, vision and values of Bishopstrow College and Padworth College.
- Developing, cultivating and extending excellent relationships with all members of the wider IFE community – agents, feeder schools, former, current and prospective parents, alumni etc. – in order to secure a robust body of support at every level.
- Working closely with senior colleagues from across IFE’s schools, in order to ensure that international student recruitment is delivered collaboratively.
Terms and Conditions
A formal contract detailing terms and conditions will be drawn-up on appointment. The following notes provide guidance, without prejudice, on the likely main provisions:
A competitive remuneration package is available, with a salary commensurate with the seniority and responsibilities of the post. An annual bonus will form part of the compensation package.
The College participates in a contributory Pension Scheme, which the postholder will be invited to join, once they have completed the 3-month probationary period. The current rates for eligible staff are that the College contributes 5% and the individual 5%.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (with half an hour for lunch). Some flexibility is required with regard to College events, open days and visits for example.
The nature of the role requires essential attendance at some weekend functions and significant overseas travel.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays. Holidays must be taken in consultation with the Directors and it is expected that the majority of leave will be taken outside of term-time.
Performance will be subject to a 3-month probationary period and regular review.
The appointment is subject to one term’s notice.
The Application Process
To find out more about the post, IFE or Bishosptrow and Padworth Colleges, please contact Mark Jeynes, Director:
Tel: 07769 651028
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. For an application pack, please email: email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 14 August, 2020
First Round Interviews: Week commencing Monday 17 August, 2020
Second Round Interviews: Week commencing Monday 24 August, 2020
Offers Made: Week commencing Monday 31 August 2020
Applications received before the Closing Date for Applications may be progressed before the week commencing Monday 17 August and the College reserves the right to offer the post at any stage, so early applications are recommended.
All placements are subject to Enhanced DBS clearance. IFE and Bishopstrow College and Padworth college are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Head of International Recruitment
Claremont School in East Sussex is looking to employ an experienced Head of International Student Recruitment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the recruitment of international students, ensuring targets are met in relation to boarding numbers at the School, and will already have outstanding contacts in the sector.
This is a key ambassadorial role with the scope to further enhance the School’s already excellent reputation locally and internationally. The successful candidate will work closely with the Principal, Director of Boarding and the Heads of Marketing and Admissions to further develop a coherent international marketing strategy, and will represent the School at recruitment fairs and events, both domestically and internationally, offering the highest levels of customer service at all levels.
Claremont School is based across two sites, with a Prep School in St Leonards on Sea and the Senior School situated 8 miles to the north, in the village of Bodiam. The school has two boarding houses with capacity for 105 boarders.
This a full time post.
Salary : Commensurate with experience
Closing date for applications: July 6th 5:00pm
For more information and details of how to apply, please visit claremontschool.co.uk/vacancies
Claremont School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks.