Marketing & Communications Manager
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Salary: £35,498 – £38,251
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Based: South Kensington, Marylebone, Purley, Earlsfield (hybrid working)
Abingdon House School is a unique and successful Independent Day School for children with special educational needs including autism, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia and other associated needs, aged 5-19. The school operates a mainstream styled provision, delivering holistic and integrated programmes of education, therapy and personal development for its students.
This role will have oversight of a number of schools that are part of the wider Cavendish Education Group: Abingdon House Prep School in South Kensington, Abingdon House
Senior School in Marylebone, Abingdon House School Purley and Chelsea Hall School in Earlsfield.
The Cavendish Education Group
Cavendish Education is a family of independent co-educational day and boarding schools and colleges for students between the ages of five and 21.
As a group, we are transforming the common perception of specialist education and throughout our schools, we challenge what it means to be neurodiverse by supporting our students to excel in ways they never thought possible.
We believe we are unparalleled in our approach, which sits between mainstream and traditional special school education. Our curriculum supports and nurtures students with a diagnosis of autism and associated communication and language needs, as well as those with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
To be responsible for marketing & communications across the above schools, creating compelling and creative content and ensuring a cohesive brand identity.
- Creating and disseminating internal and external communications, including writing content from scratch and editing content provided by staff members
- Creating and monitoring the schools’ communication plans, to build a cohesive brand identity and promote the Schools’ values
- Ensuring compliance with the Cavendish Education brand guidelines
- Social media strategy and creation, including regular, engaging posts across different channels
- Organising giveaways, staff clothing, and branded items
- Organising the branding and marketing of school events, and overseeing the look and feel of the schools’ presentation at these events
- Leading the content and distribution of the Abingdon House School weekly newsletters, monitoring its readership, and updating templates and design as needed
- Website upkeep, including new content creation and ongoing maintenance to ensure all content is accurate, dynamic and compliant with relevant requirements
- Monitoring website performance using Google Analytics, and making design and usage recommendations to ensure visibility
- Maintaining the content of the school prospectus and coordinating professional photographers as required
- Maintaining regular communication with key external stakeholders
- Seeking out and recommending opportunities for school promotion
- Monitoring the SEND education landscape in London
- Seeking out opportunities for expert voice opportunities
- Taking photos for newsletter and social media communications
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
Please note that this list of duties is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the Marketing & Communications Manager may carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Headteachers.
An enhanced DBS certificate will be required.
Closing date for applications: 23rd February 2024
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For an application pack please contact: HR@abingdonhouseschool.co.uk.
Marketing Communications Manager
Do you have a knack for captivating audiences with your words? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As Marketing Communications Manager at Bryanston School, you’ll be part of a busy, creative and fun team that’s dedicated to promoting our school to the wider community. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing marketing communication strategies that will help us reach new audiences and engage with existing ones. You’ll also be responsible for creating content that’s fun, engaging and informative. So, if you’re a creative wordsmith with a passion for marketing, then we would love to hear from you.
Bryanston offers a competitive package in a fantastic working environment including:
• 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Life assurance at 3 times salary
• Free meals provided
• Free parking on site
• Free gym membership and access to our state-of-the-art sports facilities including a 25m indoor swimming pool
• Employee assistance and wellbeing support programme
• Staff benefits platform including perks and discounts, travel and lifestyle, cycle scheme and more.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 20 February 2024
Bryanston is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Queen Mary’s for an Admissions Manager to join our thriving independent girls’ school situated between Ripon and Thirsk. The Admissions Manager will be an ambassador for the school and responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the admissions process driving recruitment of new pupils. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing candidate who is experienced in building excellent relationships with a wide range of people. Previous experience of working in an admissions role would be preferable. You will be joining a small, busy team at a happy school which has a strong ethos of community.
Reporting to: Director of External Relations
To apply please visit www.queenmarys.org/vacancies and download the application form
The Admissions Manager will play an essential role in the day-to-day management and implementation of the School’s admissions process and marketing strategies. The candidate will be an ambassador for the School and the main point of contact for prospective parents throughout the admissions process organising key events and processes throughout the admissions cycle to drive recruitment and retention of pupils.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the daily email and telephone enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• Handle individual communications with prospective families from initial enquiry to admission ensuring effective, timely and professional customer service.
• Ensure that pupil data on the Admissions software, reports, and the School database system is accurately maintained to help track and project pupil numbers across the School.
• Articulate the School’s ethos and the benefits of its offering in a professional manner.
• Liaise with the wider staff and girls to organise visits, taster days and admission to the School.
• Be the School’s ambassador and conduct tours (when necessary) for prospective families.
• Be part of the team to co-ordinate administration of the assessment and scholarship process accurately.
• Ensure all Admissions documentation is kept securely in School.
• To ensure that the School has obtained, processed and filed all information required to complete the entry process complying with all relevant policies and documentation and in compliance with data protection regulations (GDPR) and international Child Student Sponsorship duties.
• Maintain the day-to-day relationship with overseas agents.
• Produce reports to share with the Director of External Relations and work to deliver an effective admissions function.
• Organise and assist at Open Mornings and other key events including but not limited to Assessment Day and Scholarship Week and New Pupils’ Day liaising with all relevant staff with oversight from the Director of External Relations.
• To be responsible for the maintenance of the databases for feeder schools, nurseries and agents.
• Support the Director of External Relations in managing the Admissions Register and share relevant data with local councils.
• Provide support to the Director of External Relations with marketing activities to drive recruitment and retention of pupils working effectively within the team.
• Undertake any other duties required by the Director of External Relations and the Head.
Kingswood is looking to appoint an enthusiastic admissions professional to join the Kingswood Admissions and Marketing team.
You will be acting as the first point of contact for families seeking to join the Kingswood Senior School community, this important role will include, but not be limited to events management, database administration, data reporting and supporting families.
Based at the Kingswood Senior School, you will report into the Director of Admissions and Marketing, and work closely with the Lower School Registrar and Admissions Officers.
This is a permanent role, working 8.30-5pm (including 30 minutes lunch), full time, although flexible working requests will be considered. It is expected that some weekend and evening work will be required as an integral part of the role particularly during the Autumn term; representing the school at internal and external events will be a key part of the role, and there may be future opportunities for international travel.
A competitive salary is offered, in the region of £35,000. This is dependent on qualifications, skills and experience.
To apply, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities form found on our website. Once filled out, kindly email the forms to email@example.com, using the job role as the subject header. Alternatively, you can mail the completed forms to the Recruitment Coordinator at Kingswood School, Lansdown, Bath, BA1 5RG. For additional details about the job, refer to the job information pack.
The closing date for applications is midday Friday 19th January.
The school reserves the right to appoint before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Kingswood School.
Business Development Manager (Private Clients)
An exciting opportunity to join a privately owned education consultancy business which has been successfully delivering quality services to private clients for more than 12 years. Certified by BSA and nominated as one of the top boarding school advisors in 2023 by Fortune, we’re proud to put children and parents at the heart of our advice.
Building on this success we are now looking to recruit a proactive, driven Business Development Manager to increase consultancy service sales to high-net-worth private clients in our target markets, in both the UK and around the world.
Putting in place an effective company sales and marketing strategy, you will take the lead on facilitating pathways and having conversations with potential new clients, delivering our strategy for growth in sales to private clients.
This role reports directly to the owner of the Company.
The responsibilities of the role include:
Sales and Business Development
In line with the company’s three-year strategic plan which outlines key opportunities for growth, define and deliver a sales and marketing strategy, creating pathways to secure new clients in our target countries worldwide.
Plan, implement and manage a program of networking, online and in person events, to facilitate growth in new client numbers. Research, plan and deliver company representation at in-person and online events in both the UK and overseas, as a route to direct conversations with potential new clients.
The right candidate must have:
Proven success delivering growth in international business within the private education sector, or within a similar industry serving high-net worth private clients.
A good range of contacts within the private client sector, and/or ideas on how and where to build new ones.
Empathy and an ability to engage with parents, building trust.
A good head for business, understanding commercial and budget targets with a drive to meet strategic plans for profitable growth.
Reliable with strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as good understanding of cultural differences.
Trustworthy, motivated and able to work effectively from home, with good line management skills and the ambition to lead a team in the future.
Highly competent IT skills and familiarity with using CRM systems, ideally HubSpot, as well as Sharepoint, Teams and Microsoft 365.
A full and clean UK driving license is essential. A British passport and the ability to travel overseas where and when necessary.
Working schedule: This is a full-time role Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. Although the role is home based, it is anticipated that at least two days a week on average you will be away from your desk, meeting and finding new clients. There will be a requirement to attend some team meetings online, some at a central location in the UK, or some at the office in North Yorkshire. Overseas travel will be required.
Salary £36,000 per annum. KPI bonus (Linked to strategic growth targets).
Annual leave – 25 days per annum plus 8 UK bank holidays, including any time between Christmas and New Year when the office may be closed. Pension via NEST Scheme.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to David Marx (Director) using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about us and our Company ethos here, https://www.independenteducationconsultants.co.uk/who-we-are
Closing date for applications is 17th November 2023.
A vacancy has arisen for a Full Time Admissions Manager joining from January 2024. Reporting to the Headmaster, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in shaping the future of the School through the management of the admissions process. Leading on all aspects of admissions from the initial enquiry, open mornings and through to the first day at School.
You will have proven experience in delivering exceptional customer service with excellent communication and IT skills. We are a values driven school and place the utmost importance in delivering an outstanding experience to all our pupils, parents and staff in accordance with our values of kindness, mindfulness and respectfulness.
Cundall Manor School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must therefore be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
For further information: Laura Taylor, Cundall Manor School, Cundall, York YO61 2RW Tel: 01423 360 200 e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 12 November 2023
The Admissions Manager will be responsible for growing the number of students at both Hendon Prep School and Salcombe Prep School.
You will be responsible for delivering a professional, distinctive, customer focused ‘surprising and delightful’ experience from enquiry through to enrolment.
Key Responsibilities will include, (but not limited to):
· To act as a key brand ambassador for the school, understanding the local market, the value proposition of the school and by appreciating the needs of parents and pupils;
· To take responsibility for all aspects of the schools’ admissions process nurturing enquirers, applicants and offer holders through to enrolment;
· To take the lead on admissions events including personal tours, open mornings and other similar recruitment events;
· To build relationships with feeder schools, estate agents, relocation agents, key partners, affiliates and influencers in the local community to drive enquiries as determined by the Marketing and Admissions strategy;
· In conjunction with the Head and the Cognita team, set stretching annual enrolment targets;
· To manage the workload of the Event and Admin Coordinator supporting both Hendon and Salcombe
· To lead the relationship with feeder schools or other external partners such as Estate Agents;
· To ensure that the department is always appropriately resourced;
Who we are looking for:
· To be considered for this role you have demonstrated success in a related role and have previous experience working in a complex, busy and service driven environment.
We would also expect;
· Prior experience of managing direct customer contact ideally in a customer facing, service-based role, or sales
· Experience of customer database, customer relationship management tools and digital/online platforms
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal with people on all levels with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
· Confident use of cloud-based CRM systems
· The ability to show empathy to prospective parents and understand their personal circumstances
· An understanding of the highly competitive independent school marketplace would be an advantage.
Benefits at Cognita:
· Competitive salary
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Professional development
· School fee discount
· 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Apply now Please send your CV to: Recruitment@cognita.com
If you are shortlisted we will ask you to complete our application form prior to interview.
Marketing and Events Manager
Scarborough College is an independent boarding and day school for children aged 3 to 18.
We are looking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced Marketing and Events Manager to join this thriving school. Reporting to and working closely together with the Director of Marketing and Admissions, the Marketing and Events Manager is responsible for the implementation of Scarborough College’s marketing plan, branding and events.
APPLICATION PROCESS Applicants must complete the Scarborough College application form, which can be downloaded from the College website at https://scarboroughcollege.co.uk/see-our-vacancies-for-employment-opportunities/ underneath the ‘vacancies’ section.
We will not accept CVs unless they are accompanied by a fully completed application form. Applicants may also include a covering letter. Please complete and submit your application via firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 p.m. on the closing date of Friday 13 October 2023.
Interviews are expected to take place during the following week.
Scarborough College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with past and current employers, prohibition orders, and an enhanced DBS check.
Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Merchiston is looking for a passionate self-starter who would thrive in a busy, fulfilling marketing role. No day will be the same as you post on socials, create content for our website, fulfil our strategic plans and promote all those goes on in our busy school. If you are a digital savvy marketeer looking for an exciting new challenge, please get in touch. A confidential chat can be arranged in advance if required.
Full details can be found on our website: https://www.merchiston.co.uk/about/join-our-team/vacancy-detail/~board/vacancies/post/marketing-manager-mat-cover
To apply, send a copy of your CV alongside all completed forms to email@example.com This post is considered as Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Please e-mail your completed Application Form, along with an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be considered as they are received and shortlisted candidates may be invited for interview prior to the official closing date.
Merchiston reserves the right to appoint ahead of the closing date and thus early applications for this role are advisable.
Closing Date: Thursday 5 October, 5pm – with interviews the following week.