MTM are a market research agency specialising in the independent education sector. Most of our work is in supporting fee-charging schools throughout the world to recruit more children, but as the business grows we are increasingly working with Nurseries and Multi-Academy Trusts. We offer a full suite of market research services including customer satisfaction surveys, non-joiners and our unique 3-60 catchment analysis and lifestyle profiling tool. We have also recently launched a dashboarding tool designed to help schools understand their admissions funnels, amongst other things.
In order to ensure our continued growth, we are looking to employ a Marketing Manager with experience of a marketing and/or admissions role within the independent education sector. Reporting to the Head of Business Development and supported by the Marketing Officer, duties will include
− Taking ownership of the MTM market strategy
− Manage the internal marketing team and external subcontractors as required
− Be responsible for the external brand identity
− Support with developing new and existing products
− Manage the collation of our termly newsletter
− Support and design the MTM presence at industry events
− Manage MTM’s events
− Support MTM’s entry into new markets
As such we expect a strong candidate to have the following skills and experience:
− Strategic thinking, creating key action plans for growth including KPIs
− Ability to work in a B2B role
− Ability to create strong content
− Knowledge of SEO
− Knowledge of PPC campaigns
− Knowledge of email campaign management
− Knowledge of social media targeting and maintaining a strong presence
− Capable of autonomous working
− Keen eye for detail
This position would ideally suit someone looking for a flexible or term time only role either working from home or at one of our offices (Colchester, London and Hull). They would be creative, enjoying coming up with ideas to further the awareness of the MTM brand, and follow concepts through to completion.
For further information, please call James Leggett (Managing Director) on 01502 722787, or email a CV and covering email to [email protected].
Richmond House School, the excellent rated independent preparatory school in Far Headingley, North Leeds is seeking an outstanding individual to join the staff and have a significant contribution to the next phase of development at Richmond House School. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will exert influence at the heart of the decision making process and will help to shape the communications and direction.
The school educates children from 3 – 11 years of age, and draws pupils from all areas of the city and beyond. It delivers an excellent education, both academically and pastorally, and has an outstanding reputation for achievements in music and sport.
Set in over 10 acres of sports fields, including its own yurt classroom and outdoor learning area, the school offers a strong blend of traditional and modern delivery of all aspects of the curriculum to its pupils.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and insightful marketing manager to develop our outstanding brand locally and regionally, through planned strategic initiatives. Strong candidates will demonstrate creativity and independent thinking, with excellent communication skills.
This exciting role will allow the successful candidate to join a highly successful team whose vision is to take Richmond House School to the next level of our development, to position the school as the leading stand alone preparatory school in Leeds (and then beyond).
Application Deadline: Monday 21 February 2022
At Denstone College, we believe that school should be a transformational, inspirational, life-changing experience where children grow into young adults ready to contribute to the world.
We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have a positive, proactive working attitude and the ability to be flexible, efficient, and work effectively to deadlines and with all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Admissions, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the school’s online and offline communication channels, developing publications, liaising with media, driving content and development of the website and digital advertising. They will ensure consistent and highly effective communications with current and prospective families and will work in close collaboration with the admissions team to manage and deliver the yearly calendar of on-site and online open events and feeder events.
The successful candidate will join a thriving school and will be an enthusiastic contributor to the wider life of Denstone College.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates from all backgrounds. We have a strong commitment to the safety and welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to have a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, in addition to other pre-employment checks.
Marketing Manager – full time position
Salary: £30-35K per annum
King’s Schools, Taunton is a thriving, co-educational, independent boarding and day school for children from 2 to 18 years. It comprises King’s Hall School which has approximately 300 children from 2 to 13 and King’s College which has approximately 460 pupils from 13 to 18. Located on two sites, both schools provide inspired teaching, superb facilities, and our nurturing of individual potential combine to create an environment in which young people achieve great things. This is an exciting opportunity to join at a key stage of development, following the ongoing success of the Admissions and Marketing department.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work all year round and oversee the day-to-day marketing activities at King’s Hall School and King’s College.
He or she will combine a wide range of essential skills, including:
- Previous experience working in marketing sector
- Excellent written skills – the ability to write for a range of audiences, maintain the correct tone, paying close attention to detail (grammar, punctuation, application of school style guide etc.)
- A true team player, with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills – ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of people
- Be passionate about the creation of visual communication and the ability to generate innovative ideas
- Support and develop the Marketing and Communications Assistant, overseeing the work produced in line with the school guidelines
- Demonstrable IT skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); use of bespoke databases
- Experience of using digital media: website content management (CMS platforms) and social media content management
- Self-motivated and highly organised – ability to work autonomously; to multi-task and prioritise on a daily basis in a busy and dynamic environment
Desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Design skills – use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Photography skills
- Copy writing and/or proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the independent education sector
For an application pack, please contact the HR Dept on 01823 328105/328100 or email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Tuesday 1 June 2021
Sifting will take place on Monday 7 June 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9 and Friday 11 June 2021. Successful applicants should allow half a day for interview process.
King’s Hall School and King’s College are Woodard Schools. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safe welfare of children and young people and except all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interim Marketing Manager
Ashville College requires an interim Marketing Manager to cover a 12 month period of maternity leave, required to start from June 2021.
This temporary role will provide strategic leadership for marketing and communications, with additional responsibility for alumni relations and the current parental community. The Marketing Manager will maintain the plans set out by the Director of Marketing, Communications and Alumni Relations; to maintain Ashville’s position in the marketplace and support the delivery of the College’s overall strategic aims, acting as an ambassador for the Department.
The Marketing Manager will lead a small in-house Marketing team and manage the relationship with external consultants. They will also work closely with all stakeholders across the College; including – very importantly – our pupils.
At least 4 years’ experience of managing a busy Marketing team is required; ideally with some experience in an education setting. The successful candidate will have experience in events management, a good understanding of digital marketing and how to maintain a strong brand. A positive can-do attitude is essential and a willingness to work with colleagues across the College.
For more information please download the full job description on our website
Communications and Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a talented and personable Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team here at RSAcademics.
RSAcademics was set up in 2002 by Russell Speirs who remains the CEO. Since then, the company has grown steadily. We now work with over 250 different school clients in the UK and around the world each year and count over 80 employees and associates. We support schools in five main areas: leadership and governance; strategy, marketing and research; equality, diversity & inclusion; operational improvement and philanthropy. We also publish influential reports including several relating to leadership, strategy and marketing during the pandemic.
We are now quite a complex business, delivering services to different types of clients across multiple geographies. This requires highly professional and continuous communications and for these to be well organised and in line with our brand values.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of a coherent communications and marketing strategy, including activities across numerous internal and external communication channels to raise awareness of and positively promote RSAcademics and its services. A love of writing clear, intelligent, and grammatically sound communications is a must.
You’ll take a creative, enthusiastic, and personable approach, while demonstrating the ability to assimilate a demanding workload and to work effectively under pressure.
The role is permanent and may be full-time or part-time (4 days per week) to suit the best candidate. The successful applicant may work remotely or from our Head Office in Market Harborough or a combination of the two.
To view the full job description for this role please visit our website.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Eloise Shelton, Managing Director of Vanilla Recruitment for a confidential discussion: [email protected]
Applications for this role are to be made via Vanilla Recruitment.
The deadline for applications is 14th April 2021 however early applications are encouraged.
Interviews will take place w/c 19th and w/c 26th April 2021. First interviews will be online.
We strongly believe that RSAcademics will be a better company if we embrace and promote diversity in all its forms and take action to become a more inclusive organisation. We encourage applications from under-represented groups for all positions which we advertise.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and creative Marketing Manager to join our team, starting as soon as possible.
The purpose of this role is to support the Principals and Heads on the delivery of the Claires Court strategic marketing plan for the School’s six divisions across three sites, to ensure the School’s image and reputation is enhanced and promoted, and focusing on the active recruitment and retention of pupils. Additionally, this role needs to energise Marketing activities and provide expert advice and assistance on marketing and brand management, developing relationships with all staff to ensure that the School’s marketing approach is consistent and coherent.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A broad knowledge and experience of appropriate marketing principles and techniques, ideally in an independent school environment.
- A formal qualification in marketing, market research or public relations is desirable.
- Experience of creating a team atmosphere that gets the best from everyone
- The ability to work with all Office software, ideally the Google Suite and the School’s website and social media platforms, and a range of design and editing software, coupled with great editing and communication skills.
- High levels of self-awareness and interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team, and other internal and external stakeholders, to achieve Claires Court School’s outcomes.
- The ability to look at problems and opportunities from new perspectives and generate creative solutions.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills to deliver agreed targets and work to schedules.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, all year round. A flexible approach is essential as occasional evening and weekend working will also be required. Salary will be negotiable, dependent on experience.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
The Grange School in Hartford, Cheshire are seeking to recruit a Marketing Manager on a permanent full time contract.
As a professional Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the School’s marketing strategy as well as acting as ‘brand guardian’. You will have the ability to advise the Head and Executive Leadership Team on the marketing strategies that the school should employ but you should also be a hands-on marketeer able to deliver the outcomes of the marketing strategy.
The successful candidate will ideally (but not exclusively) have experience of a similar role in an educational environment. This is a key role within the School and the post holder should be able to demonstrate a broad range of marketing skills in: brand management, communications, PR, advertising, event and digital marketing. The ability to be able to multitask, plan and deliver several projects simultaneously is essential alongside strong stakeholder management skills.
A key skill of the Marketing Manager is the ability to identify target markets, and develop marketing messages and methods for specific groups. These groups include feeder school Heads, prospective parents and pupils and local organisations that will deliver the required intake and growth in pupil numbers. The Marketing Manager will develop and implement a clear communication plan that engages and informs different audiences in a timely and effective manner.
A keen eye for detail and a flexible and innovative approach is essential. The post holder must have a high level of creativity and be able to bring concepts and campaigns to life. The Marketing Manager needs to be a self-starter who manages and governs their own workload and recognises within the marketing cycle of the school, what activity needs to take place and when.
A very clear understanding of the market in which the school operates is essential, as is the flair for recognising opportunities The Grange School has to celebrate our own unique selling points.
This role is a fantastic opportunity within a successful school that, for the right candidate, will produce significant satisfaction and reward.
• Advise the Head and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on the development of a compelling and impactful marketing plan in support of the School’s strategic plan and based on statistical analysis and clear evidence. Evaluate and revise the plan annually.
- Identify target markets and areas of opportunity and develop marketing messages and methods for these specific targets.
- Brand management including ensuring that all school publications and communications follow brand guidelines.
- Carry out and analyse the results of parental survey every 3 years, and develop responses relevant to results. Where appropriate make recommendations for the use of external market research to gain further market insights. In addition, ensure there is a method in place to proactively gather market intelligence on comparative educational offerings.
- Support the Admissions Registrar in communications with prospective parents via the admissions process to ensure consistency of message and tone.
- Working with the relevant academic team members to develop and implement internal marketing programmes to support the retention of pupils at the key stages within the school.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Head and Admissions Registrar, a programme of visits and activities, supported by up to date and relevant information, to build relationships with existing and potential feeder schools.
- Develop a positive and proactive whole-school marketing culture amongst teaching and support staff.
- Develop a powerful and sustainable content management strategy across web and social media sites to be measured against agreed KPIs.
- Support the school’s Alumni Co-ordinator to implement an impactful fundraising and friend-raising campaign to support the School’s future ambitions.
Advertising and promotion
• Develop the School’s external image through the pursuit of press and advertising opportunities.
- To be proactive in gathering newsworthy content from within the school through the academic staff and the pupils, that can be used to write engaging press releases and to encourage media interest.
- Keep abreast of general and national press to ensure that The Grange School is pro-active and writes appropriate articles on current issues with a view to developing a regional / national profile.
- To be responsible for the creation and implementation of the School’s advertising plan in line with the life and admissions cycle of the School.
- Develop the advertising campaigns to be used across different media channels and set up measures to monitor their effectiveness.
- To gain an understanding and be able to articulate the unique offering of the Junior School through working with the Junior School Head, observation and regular working at the School.
- Develop (with Junior School Head and Head of Year 7 / Admissions Registrar) robust retention/ transition programme of The Grange School – Junior to Senior.
- Develop (with Head of 6th Form) a robust retention/transition programme from Year 11 to 6th Form.
- Preparation of four newsletters per term.
• To be responsible for all the School’s external and internal marketing material. Ensuring this is produced to a high standard in keeping with the School’s brand and values.
• To be responsible for the overall management of the School website, ensuring that the content is engaging and up to date, with content being regularly uploaded.
• To review the School’s marketing material on a regular basis to ensure it is well received and fit for purpose.
• To produce additional communication material, branded items and signage as required.
• Manage the School’s relationship with any external agencies involved in the production of the School’s marketing material.
• Develop and track external marketing lead system.
- Develop opportunities to promote the profile of the Head and the Head’s vision for the school.
• Ensuring that the School website is populated with up to date, accurate and relevant information.
- Oversee School website design and development (including School, Theatre and Rowing Club) to ensure high quality, value, and best usage.
- Sourcing and managing the School’s outsourced website host, ensuring best value and reliability.
- Monitor & report on SEO (search Engine Optimisation) and take action to improve market penetration.
- Maximise the effective use of School’s social media presence proactively to ensure appropriate quality and frequency of communications.
• To be responsible for the social media strategy of the school.
• To review and maintain the policies in place to protect and support staff in their use of social media on the school’s behalf and those procedures to respond to inappropriate responses made by followers.
Parents and Alumni
• To review, with parents, the value of the communications they receive from the School and how they wish to receive this information.
• To be responsible for the development and production of marketing communications to the parent body.
• To build relations and support the GSPA (Grange School Parents Association) in marketing their events and activities.
• To support in the development of any literature or marketing material required for the School’s alumni.
• Manage the marketing budget by preparing an annual budgeted marketing plan and controlling annual expenditure with the approved budget
• Negotiate and develop relationships with any specialist external consultants including routine tendering to ensure best value.
• Help to organise, produce marketing material and take an active part in PR and school events, such as Open Days at both the Junior and Senior Schools, theatrical productions and Parents’ Evenings.
• Be aware of the School’s schedule of activities and events and capitalise on the PR opportunities they offer.
• Attend and prepare appropriate materials for stands at external events and exhibitions.
• Manage a list of VIP guests and invitations to school events.
To apply for the role of Marketing Manager please write a letter of application to support a fully completed application form and the names of two references to: [email protected].
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 22nd January 2021. Interviews will take place week commencing 25th January 2021.
Full time, 6 weeks’ holiday
We are looking for an inspirational and creative marketeer to manage our School’s brand strategy and showcase our School in new and exciting ways. If you are interested in creating impactful and engaging marketing initiatives (encompassing advertising campaigns, PR, socials and website channels), this could be an exciting role in the education sector for you.
The role will be a busy one requiring continuity and daily attendance, working all year round. In this post, you would work closely with our Head of Admissions and the in-house team. Helping with Open Days and other events outside of normal hours will also be required.
We are proud of what The Beacon stands for and what it has to offer. The Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in parental engagement and promoting our School to the outside world.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 20th November and virtual interviews will take place the following week.
For more details, including guidance on how to apply, please visit www.beaconschool.co.uk.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosures and Barring Service. The Beacon is an equal opportunities employer. Registered Charity number 309911.