King’s College and King’s College Prep School is a thriving, co-educational, independent boarding and day school for children from two to 18 years. Located on two sites, both schools provide inspired teaching, superb facilities, and our nurturing of individual potential combine to create an environment in which young people achieve great things.
We have an exciting opportunity for an adaptable and proactive Admissions Administrator to work with the Admissions and Marketing team to ensure delivery of a first-class applicant experience.
The Admissions Administrator is a key member of the school’s Admissions and Marketing and team and provides a vital function, being a point of contact for each individual or family.
Through managing the Schools database, the Admissions Administrator will be responsible for the creation of regular reports for Senior Management.
The successful applicant will support the smooth running of the Admissions and Marketing Offices as well as providing administrative support, managing diaries, arranging meetings and appointments, taking minutes and communicating with prospective parents/guardians/agents.
The Admissions Administrator will provide cover for the King’s College Front of House when required, answering general telephone and email enquiries.
He or she needs a range of essential skills and experience, including:
- A high level of administrative and organisational competency.
- An excellent telephone and personal manner, be of smart personal appearance and an efficient operator who is a team player and works well under pressure.
- Demonstrable IT skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent interpersonal skills: warm and personable with an ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of people.
- Self-motivated: with a strong personal work ethic to work independently, to manage and plan, multi-task and prioritise own workload and be part of a hard-working team.
- High standards of presentation, both verbal and written to reflect the nature of the school.
Desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Knowledge of the independent education sector.
Closing Date: Friday 25 August 2023.
Applicants will be reviewed upon receipt and shortlisted on Tuesday 29 August 2023. Interviews will take place on Thursday 31 August and Friday 1 September 2023. Successful applicants should allow half a day for interview process.
King’s College Prep and King’s College Prep School are Woodard Schools. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safe welfare of children and young people and except all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.