Admissions and Events Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy school marketing and admissions team whose focus is building the school’s name and roll. The postholder will work closely with the Registrar and Head.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To ensure the smooth administration of the Admissions and Events in school.
- Working with the Admissions and Marketing Assistant to take the lead on and attend all Admissions events, live and virtual, from conception to delivery including, but not exclusively, Open Mornings, Assessment Days, visits, tours and Coffee Mornings, Academic and Music Scholarship Assessments, Prep School events and feeder school
- To liaise with colleagues and pupils to ensure relevant personnel attend events, briefing them in advance
- To liaise with the relevant Academic and Support staff to ensure all relevant bookings have been made and all
- Departments are fully briefed about any Admissions event being held at the School
- To prepare, write and produce any literature in connection with the event to be held (ie invitations, programmes, schedules)
- To co-ordinate and design any material necessary in connection with an event such as signage and maps etc.
- To support the preparation of reports and analysis of statistics post each event; reviewing and monitoring the success of each event
- To undertake appropriate follow-up, post an event to nurture new connections and build on existing relationships
- To represent Rye at both internal and external events, in and out of office hours as required (such as feeder schools’ Senior Schools’ Evenings), along with Admissions colleagues
- To assist with programme of engagement events for prospective pupils and parents
- To liaise with the Head’s PA re diary management and briefing ahead of any event
- To assist the Registrar and Marketing Committee regarding any admissions marketing material that may be required such as online marketing material, school directories and event programmes
- Working with the Admissions and Marketing Assistant to manage the admissions section of the website in order to ensure it is accurate and up to date
- To assist with the preparation of presentations, speeches, slideshows and articles for publication
- To support the School’s digital marketing to prospective parents and pupils
- To assist the Registrar and Admission and Marketing Assistant with the administration of the Assessment and Scholarship days for all points of entry to the School (Prep, 11+, 13+ and Sixth Form)
- To develop an excellent working knowledge of Rye’s feeder schools at 11+, 13+ and Sixth Form
- To support the Admissions department with initial enquiries by telephone, email or in person
- To build rapport with parents and prospective pupils from the first point of contact, learning as much as possible about the pupil’s strengths and interests in order to inform the later stages of the admissions process
- To assist the Admissions team in entering enquiries on to the admissions database, to manage records, to ensure that correspondence and documentation is correctly received, acknowledged and filed (electronically) and that the database is kept up-to-date
- Organise weekly prospective parent visits, including meeting with the Head
Applications (application form, accompanying letter and full curriculum vitae with contact details for two referees) should be addressed to the Head, Miss Joanne Croft, and sent by email to the Head’s PA, [email protected]
For an application form, please visit the Staff Vacancies page on the school website.
Applications will be accepted only from candidates who have completed the application form in full.