Admissions and Marketing Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy school marketing and admissions team whose focus is building the school’s name and roll. The postholder will work closely with the Registrar and Head.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To ensure the smooth administration of the Admissions Department and its processes.
Admissions Key Tasks (50%):
- To act as assistant to the Registrar
- To be the first point of contact for prospective parents or agents either via telephone or email
- To send out prospectuses and other relevant information and advise parents of the Admissions process
- To process and acknowledge Registrations and Deposits and keep appropriate financial records
- To be responsible for maintaining the Admissions database and inputting of new information
- Manage the Admissions filing system
- To arrange personalised visits for parents and produce the weekly visits sheets
- To assist with the administration of Open Mornings and other recruitment events as required (this will necessitate occasional Saturday morning duties)
- To arrange overseas interviews as required
- To help prepare and circulate joining information for New Pupils
- To provide statistical information as required on admissions figures, enquiry rates, conversion, trends and geographical spread for the Registrar and Head
- To ensure adherence to statutory Health and Safety and Data Protection Legislation at all times.
Marketing Key Tasks (50%):
- To assist the Marketing and Admissions Team to deliver the School’s marketing plan.
- To assist with the School’s advertising campaigns, helping to prepare adverts for both online and offline publications.
- To assist with managing the School’s website. This will primarily involve chasing, checking and updating the general information on all pages and helping to optimise the site, and to add news reports, sports results and calendar information.
- To liaise with other areas of the School e.g. Boarding and academic departments to facilitate the production of material.
- To assist with the planning of external Marketing and Prep/Feeder School events such as road shows at Prep/Feeder Schools, Prep School Days at Rye, visits to Rye by Prep/Feeder School Heads, Open events at Prep/Feeder Schools and pupil recruitment fairs.
- To assist with the organisation of the School’s Open Mornings and Taster Days.
- To assist with the organisation of Scholarship and Entrance Days.
- To help with the preparation of promotional material for external visits and exhibitions
- To assist the Friends of Rye with the promotion of events for the school community
- To plan, collate and produce the School’s newsletters both internal and international
Applications (application form, accompanying letter and full curriculum vitae with contact details for two referees) should be addressed to the Head, Miss Joanne Croft, and sent by email to the Head’s PA, [email protected]
For an application form, please visit the Staff Vacancies page on the school website.
Applications will be accepted only from candidates who have completed the application form in full.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 21 July 2022 and interviews will be held shortly after.