Culford School is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and efficient Admissions Assistant to join the Admissions & Marketing Office.
Culford is a boarding and day school for approximately 750 children aged 1 to 18, set in 480 acres of beautiful Suffolk parkland, with an 18th century Grade II listed mansion at its centre and three separate schools: the Pre-Prep & Nursery (ages 1 to 7); the Prep (ages 7 to 13); and the Senior School (ages 13 to 18).
The Admissions Assistant will work as part of the Admissions Office; responsible for the recruitment and admissions process for all three schools. An ability to communicate with parents and prospective pupils with warmth and a secure knowledge of the School and admissions processes are key, as is an ability to deal with the uploading of information onto the School’s online data system (iSAMS) with accuracy and speed.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a friendly and forward looking team to help deliver outstanding customer service from enquiry to entry for prospective families. The role reports to the Head of Marketing and Admissions and key relationships are with Registrar and International Registrar. There is scope for career development and appropriate training will be offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone
- Support new and existing applicants throughout the entire admissions process
- Prepare and send information packs to prospective parents and agents
- Organise visits, ensuring appropriate pupils are organised for pupil tours
- Keep database up-to-date with ongoing activity from UK and International applicants and agents
- Follow up all enquiries and visits
- Assist the Registrar to organise entrance examinations, assessments and taster days for prospective pupils, circulating details to other colleagues as required
- Assist with maintaining records for UKVI and visa applicants
- Assist with updating international agent agreements and contacting references
- Apply for references for registered pupils
- Attend and support Open Mornings and other recruitment events for each school
- Manage the office’s stock of stationery, promotional materials, school information, prospectuses and application packs, ensuring availability at all times
- Scan and upload documentation
- Undertake any other tasks as required and have a flexible approach to working hours as events require
Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent administration, IT and interpersonal skills, including a welcoming and confident telephone manner and an enthusiasm for internationalism and cultural diversity Experience of a customer service role is essential and experience within an admissions role in an educational setting would be a distinct advantage.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and all the benefits of working in a thriving independent school including: pension, discounted school fees, lunches and free parking.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch.
While this is a full time position, we would consider flexibility in working hours for the right candidate.
Holiday: 28 days holiday per year +7 bank holidays (exc. Early May Bank Holiday)
The School aims to recruit individuals that share and understand our commitment to child protection and to ensure that no applicant is treated unfairly by reason of a protected characteristic as defined within the Equality Act 2010.
All appointments will be subject to pre-employment checks that meet vetting, disclosure and barring requirements. Applicants should read the Recruitment Selection and Disclosures Policy and Procedure before completing the application form.
Closing date: Monday 14th June 2021