Brighton College has an opportunity for an Admissions Coordinator to join the team based in Brighton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (37.5 hours per week – 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday) and in return, receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
The Admissions Coordinator role:
As the first point of contact for enquiries regarding admission to the Senior School at ages 13+ for Scholarships, 14+ and 16+ UK, you will advise parents about all areas of the admissions process including procedures, scholarship opportunities, timescales and availability of places.
You will respond to enquiries and applications with utmost professionalism and efficiency, at every stage communicating the benefits offered by the college and ensuring that prospective parents and pupils enjoy a positive experience of this leading UK school.
Key responsibilities of our Admissions Coordinator:
– Providing effective and efficient management of enquiries from
prospective parents, replying to queries, sending out prospectuses, advising on
scholarship and other admissions criteria and organising individual visits to
– Managing and effecting the registration of prospective pupils, efficiently processing all applications to ensure records are current and correct and ensuring the timely payment of deposits and other fees as appropriate.
– Organising programmes for 13+ scholarships and events such as Open Days, Taster Days and Orientation Days for prospective parents and pupils and producing attendee lists.
– Organising individual visits by prospective parents and meeting parents and potential pupils, providing them with a positive experience of the College.
– Managing and implementing the examination assessment and interview process for prospective pupils, including Common Entrance, Common Academic Scholarships and other points of entry at 13+ , 14+ and 16+.
– Keeping prospective parents informed about the progress of their applications and about school events and news.
– Maintaining close links with feeder schools.
– Liaising with overseas prospective parents and agents as required and organising assessments and their timely return.
– Maintaining the iSAMS database, ensuring it is up to date and accurate and producing reports as appropriate.
– Attending Open Mornings/Evenings and other events, as required.
– Updating annually all literature connected with Admissions for your key areas.
As our Admissions Coordinator ideally, you’ll have:
– Excellent communication skills.
– The ability to work within a team.
– A warm and professional telephone manner.
– An enthusiasm for achieving targets and delivering exceptional customer service.
– An ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and administrative skills.
– Good IT literacy with excellent Word and Excel skills.
– 20 days paid annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 25 days after
2 years of service.
– Lunch will be provided while on duty during term time.
– Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into, within 3 months of commencement of employment. For full details of the pension scheme, please contact HR.
– Life cover after successfully passing probation.
– Well-being programme
– Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Admissions Coordinator
role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
Closing Date: 2020-03-26
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Contact Phone: 07528335803
Contact Email: [email protected]