An exciting opportunity has arisen at Queen Mary’s for an Admissions Manager to join our thriving independent girls’ school situated between Ripon and Thirsk. The Admissions Manager will be an ambassador for the school and responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the admissions process driving recruitment of new pupils. We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing candidate who is experienced in building excellent relationships with a wide range of people. Previous experience of working in an admissions role would be preferable. You will be joining a small, busy team at a happy school which has a strong ethos of community.
Reporting to: Director of External Relations
To apply please visit www.queenmarys.org/vacancies and download the application form
The Admissions Manager will play an essential role in the day-to-day management and implementation of the School’s admissions process and marketing strategies. The candidate will be an ambassador for the School and the main point of contact for prospective parents throughout the admissions process organising key events and processes throughout the admissions cycle to drive recruitment and retention of pupils.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the daily email and telephone enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• Handle individual communications with prospective families from initial enquiry to admission ensuring effective, timely and professional customer service.
• Ensure that pupil data on the Admissions software, reports, and the School database system is accurately maintained to help track and project pupil numbers across the School.
• Articulate the School’s ethos and the benefits of its offering in a professional manner.
• Liaise with the wider staff and girls to organise visits, taster days and admission to the School.
• Be the School’s ambassador and conduct tours (when necessary) for prospective families.
• Be part of the team to co-ordinate administration of the assessment and scholarship process accurately.
• Ensure all Admissions documentation is kept securely in School.
• To ensure that the School has obtained, processed and filed all information required to complete the entry process complying with all relevant policies and documentation and in compliance with data protection regulations (GDPR) and international Child Student Sponsorship duties.
• Maintain the day-to-day relationship with overseas agents.
• Produce reports to share with the Director of External Relations and work to deliver an effective admissions function.
• Organise and assist at Open Mornings and other key events including but not limited to Assessment Day and Scholarship Week and New Pupils’ Day liaising with all relevant staff with oversight from the Director of External Relations.
• To be responsible for the maintenance of the databases for feeder schools, nurseries and agents.
• Support the Director of External Relations in managing the Admissions Register and share relevant data with local councils.
• Provide support to the Director of External Relations with marketing activities to drive recruitment and retention of pupils working effectively within the team.
• Undertake any other duties required by the Director of External Relations and the Head.