We have a vacancy for a full time, full year Admissions Manager at Downside School. This is a newly created role to expand the Admissions, Marketing and Commercial Enterprises team.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing and coordinating the application process of pupil admissions.
The Admissions Manager will work closely with the Director of Admissions, Marketing & Commercial Enterprises to deliver a fair and transparent admission process. Supported by an Admissions Officer, the Admissions Manager will oversee the co-ordination of the Schools admissions to ensure pupil recruitment targets are met.
The post holder will have line management responsibility for the Admissions Officer.
To be successful, you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate confidently and clearly with prospective parents, pupils, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills and fully competent in using MS Office.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload with minimal supervision.
- Experience of office administration systems with the ability to develop both computerised and manual systems to deliver at pace and with accuracy.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional experience, with a flexible approach to work and a willingness to support events outside of normal working hours (time off in lieu will be given).
- Experience as an Admissions Manager is desirable
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An experienced, supportive, skilled, and innovative staff team.
- Excellent catering facility, which offers all our staff a complimentary lunch.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Complimentary access to onsite leisure facilities including indoor swimming pool, gym and squash courts.
- Pay: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Hours: Full time hours of 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am 5:00pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break. There is a requirement to attend School events such as open days outside of normal working hours, which time owed in lieu can be claimed. This is an all-year-round position with 33 days annual leave which includes 8 days Bank and Public Holidays.
- Contract: Full Time Permanent Contract
For full details on the job role and responsibilities, please visit our website at Working at Downside where you can download the job description and person specification.
Please complete your application through our online applicant tracking system.
Applications must be completed in full; CVs are not accepted.
Please contact the Human Resources email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require further information after reading the job description.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 Feb 2024 (Midnight)
We look forward to hearing from you.
Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. The School is situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be DBS checked. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer. Registered Company No. 11751009 and Registered Charity No: 1184700