Location: North Bridge House Senior, Canonbury
North Bridge House is a family of six independent co-educational day schools in North London.
Founded in 1939, North Bridge House offers an independent, mixed ability co-education, challenging and inspiring girls and boys throughout every stage of their school career. Across six North London school sites, we successfully prepare happy pupils for every milestone, with specialist expertise at each school stage – from the important early years through to the challenging teenage ones. All staff members across the North Bridge House group are dedicated to our three brand pillars: 1. Knowing the individual, 2. Fostering academic excellence, 3. Cultivating character and promoting wellbeing.
North Bridge House School seeks to appoint an efficient and personable Admissions Officer to join the school’s admissions team and help advance its profile and pupil roll.
The appointed Admissions Officer will support close working relationships with other members of the Admissions team, and other key constituent teams within the schools, including the Marketing team, the Senior Leadership teams, and the Director of Business Operations.
With the support of the admissions team, the Admissions Officer will provide a welcoming first point of contact to prospective families/students. S/he will communicate with prospective parents by telephone, email and letter, and in-person at school visits and admissions events.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as brand ambassador and present the school to prospective parents and students at recruitment events, open days and information sessions locally
- Develop personal rapport with prospective parents and students
- Deliver a personalised visit experience to each prospective parent and student
- Conduct one-to-one tours
- Proactively follow up all enquiries
- Maintain contact with all live enquiries during the admissions process
- Provide post tour feedback on all families to the Admissions Manager
- Maintain the Microsoft Dynamics database
- Collate all documentation relevant to a new enrolment, and produce student files before transferring to the school office
- Request student files from feeder schools for new enrolling students
- Assist with the transfer of admissions records between NBH schools for students who switch between campuses
- Record information relating to immigration permission for new students
- Build relationships with key partners, affiliates and influencers
- Assist the Admissions Manager with the monthly forecasting of admissions figures
- Keep up to date competitor schools’ information e.g. fees, open day events
- Update Admissions information on school website
The success of the role is measured by the conversion ratios from enquiry to application and the level of customer experience provided.
Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a pleasant and confident manner. They will have a strong service ethic and be able to interact confidently in person and on the telephone with different types of people. They should be very comfortable with data and possess strong IT and system skills.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be educated to at least A-level standard and have experience of working within an admissions, recruitment, sales or customer service environment.
North Bridge House is part of the Cognita group of schools. As such, you will have the opportunity to share best practice and ideas with other admissions colleagues across forty schools in the UK and eighty schools worldwide.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with an application form, available on our website (CVs can be included but an application form must still be completed to be considered for this role): https://www.northbridgehouse.com/job-vacancies/ Email both documents to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Monday 1st September 2020
North Bridge House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.