Alumni Relations Officer
Reporting to: Development Manager/Director of A,C&D
Contract: 3 days per week, term time only plus 15 days in school holidays
Occasional work will be needed during evenings and weekends.
Start Date: Asap
The Alumni Relations Officer role requires experience of customer relationship management and marketing, to implement the annual communications plan to the school alumni network.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator – both written and verbal – with the appropriate level of digital literacy to manage online networks as well as more traditional mailing channels. Ability to ‘think on feet’ and manage day-to-day administration of busy alumni office under the direction of the Development Manager, the successful applicant will be able to quickly immerse themselves in the culture of the school and become an advocate for the alumni community.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the role will also include ad-hoc communications support for the wider Admissions, Communications and Development team.
Skills and attributes:
• experience within a communications and customer relationship management function
• digitally savvy with the ability to manage multiple communications channels and identify new opportunities to reach our diverse alumni community
• expertise in relationship management, ability to relate well to the whole school community – prospective current and former parents, alumni, pupils, staff, governors and friends of the school
• event management experience within a comparable field
• outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• administrative support to the Development Manager and wider Admissions, Communications & Development team when required
• dealing with all incoming Old Colfeian correspondence and managing alumni database
• managing induction for new Old Colfeians upon leaving school
• proactively working to strengthen links between existing alumni and wider school community
• conducting tours for visiting Old Colfeians and their families
• managing alumni network events – digital and in-person
• implement alumni communications plan including creation and management of newsletters, social media channels and maintenance of relevant pages on school website
• working closely with Development Manager and Communications Manager on the production of development campaign documents and communications to alumni, newsletter, social media and school website etc.
• identify opportunities to promote events and achievements of the school to alumni community and vice-versa
• work with Development Manager to promote the work of the Development Office within school community
• to be a visible and approachable figure for current pupils and staff, and to listen to their perspective on school life.
All applicants must submit
• an application form, accompanied by a letter of application, current CV
• details of two referees, who will be contacted prior to interview, in accordance with the School’s Safer Recruitment procedures
The application should be marked private and confidential and submitted by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Mrs Anna Ross
Horn Park Lane
London SE12 8AW
The deadline for applications is Friday 12 November. Colfe’s reserves the right to appoint to this post before the closing date if necessary.
Colfe’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.