Assistant Admissions Registrar
The Assistant Admissions Registrar is responsible for leading the admissions process in the Junior School, from initial enquiry, organisation of admissions events and the assessment process all the way through to admission and supporting induction. The Admissions Registrar will also support to the work of the Admissions department as a whole, have a thorough understanding of all admission entry points and play a key role in contributing to a positive and consistent school image.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Working under the direction of and alongside the Admissions Registrar, the Assistant takes responsibility for the 4+,7+ and Occasional Place points of entry to include:
- Being the primary point of contact for all prospective parents and pupils at these points of entry
- Working with Junior School Head and phase leaders to manage the assessment process
- managing assessment papers, decisions meetings and data
- Writing and handling all communications to parents (phone calls, emails, website)
- Open mornings, welcome events and co-ordinating induction literature
- Coordination of post-acceptance school and nursery visits.
- Liaise closely with Head of Academic Support regarding all applicants with individual needs.
- Responsible for room booking catering and maintenance requests for all admissions events.
- Responsible for managing all payments on evolve.
- Attending weekly events meeting.
- Working under the direction of and alongside the Admissions Registrar, the Assistant supports the 11+ and 16+ entry points with organisation and coordination of administrative activities.
- Process and manage data from all points of application for all entry points.
- Ensure all admissions records and statistics are kept accurate and up to date.
- Communication with prospective parents and pupils at all entry points.
- Attend external promotional events, including those out of school hours.
- Planning and preparation for School in Action mornings for all entry points.
- Develop positive working relationships with departments and colleagues across the School.
- Undertake any ad hoc duties which the Admissions Registrar and Deputy Head Admissions, Co-Curricular and Events may from time-to-time reasonably request.
- The post holder must comply with the Data Protection Act 1988, the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and all other policies operating at the school
- To report any Health & Safety problems
- Safeguarding responsibilities.