If you offer administrative experience, outstanding interpersonal skills and enjoy helping others, this position offers an exciting opportunity to develop skills in communications, marketing, event management and fundraising.
You will be joining St. Edward’s during what is a vital moment in the story of the School as we seek to increase our impact on the wider school community at this time of social educational change.
St. Edward’s is affectionately known within our community as Teddies and you will join the ‘Beyond Teddies’ team, which looks after Partnerships, Community and Fundraising. We are a small, high-performing, friendly and ambitious group, who work with colleagues and volunteers across the School and within our community to create new opportunities for engagement, support, community service and fundraising. We provide innovative and creative engagement opportunities that will attract all generations of alumni as well as parents and local community residents.
You will work predominantly with members of the Beyond Teddies team, namely the Community Manager, Database and Gifts Manager and Director of Development and Partnerships as we seek to grow our engagement in all areas with our diverse alumni group.
To support the work of the team your key responsibilities will include:
- Posting content to social media
- Creating invitations to and managing event responses
- Managing on-line and hard copy files
- Preparing and maintaining team processes and documentation
- Managing team expenses
- Managing the team telephone and inbox
- Preparing letters
- Diary management
You will need the ability to build strong and positive relationships with a wide range of people, as well as possess strong numerical, analytical and organisational skills. Experience of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is equally important.
In return, St. Edward’s can offer a variety of benefits including:
- A friendly and inclusive working environment
- Free meals
- Free Nuffield Health Gym membership (including membership for your partner and children under the age of 21)
- Free car parking
- Defined contribution pension scheme with Scottish Widows. The standard employee contribution rate is 5% with the employer contributing 8%. From 1st September 2022, enhanced contributions by the employee will be matched by the employer, up to the cap of 12%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
For further details and to apply please click on the following link https://www.stedwardsoxford.org/about-us/vacancy/development-assistant/
The closing date for applications is 22nd September 2022.
St Edward’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.