Digital Content Creator and Communications Officer
Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Digital Content Creator and Communications Officer to work in our Communications department. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Working as part of a team, the post-holder will support the Head of Communications in a variety of digital and print projects. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be able to work to meet simultaneous deadlines.
The primary objective of the role is to help meet the College’s admissions targets through strategic content created for all communication channels. Key emphasis is on creating new digital content to advance the creative output of the department.
The breakdown of the role is approximate.
Digital Content Creation and Management (c55% of role):
– Ensure communications messages are consistent across all mediums
– To be responsible for implementing the use of film, video and photography across digital channels
– To strategically build positive relationships with a variety of staff members to ensure a balanced representation of the College online
– To monitor, develop and maintain the College’s website (including writing news stories)
– To be responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy across all relevant platforms
– To actively engage with online stakeholders, at all times appropriately and positively representing the aims and ethos of the College
– To continue to develop the College’s new video drive by being the primary contact for an external video company, and managing that relationship to facilitate the strategic creation of a library of video content. Key duties will include input into the filming and interviewing processes, as well as the scriptwriting, transcribing and editing
– To maintain a strong working knowledge of our growing video library; to assist in the editing of video content (highly desirable)
– To liaise with the Senior Communications Manager to create dynamic photo galleries and to take photographs for the website and social media where a professional photographer is not available
– To proofread, edit and create accurate and engaging copy from a range of sources for use on digital and print platforms
– To oversee the creation of a high-quality weekly newsletter using InDesign that showcases the range of activities at the College
– To research new creative opportunities, refine creative skills in service of the College and keep abreast of artistic and industry trends
– To research and pitch new creative ideas for digital campaigns, linking all aspects of College communications
– DAM (Asset Bank).
Collateral support (c25% of role):
– To take an active role in the creative production of high-profile key College publications (including creative pitches)
– To use InDesign and Photoshop to create new digital assets for use in College communications which can serve as templates and the basis of future collateral.
Support and Administration (c20% of role):
– Events and visits: support Admissions and the Deputy Heads in key events and visits, including all Open Mornings
– To monitor all social media channels on a daily basis and to create regular analytic reports
– To be aware of research, developments and best practice in social media, SEO and web content. Monitor trends in social media tools, channels, design and strategy. Champion new ideas and initiatives.
– Any other reasonable request, as required.
For full details of the role and to apply, please go to https://brightoncollege.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/vacancy/166/Digital-Content-Creator-and–Communications-Officer
The closing date is midday on Monday 6 September 2021.