Digital Content Officer
Job Title: Digital Content Officer
Hours of Work: Full time
Reports to: Head of Communications
To apply, please visit: Digital Content Officer, Bromley – Tes Jobs
Department role: The Communications Department is a busy department working at pace to manage the School’s corporate reputation and brand/associated brands: designing and delivering communications activities that reflect the school’s mission and values.
Postholder role: To deliver the online presence of marketing communications collaterals: ensuring leaflets, booklets, newsletters, forms and other publications are posted online. Design online content in line with the school’s brand and key messages and ensure it is effectively communicated and delivered to the required standards both internally and externally.
- To design and input suitable copy and content for digital and online collaterals – both external and internal
- Assisting in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with the school’s stakeholders.
- To manage the main social media accounts for the Senior and Junior Schools on a day to day basis, including monitoring the channels
- Work with other members of the Communications team to gather school news and promote externally/internally
- To contribute to the development of a formal social media strategy for the school to maximise ‘hits and followers’.
- Day to day management of the school’s website – adding new content and features and working with any web agency suppliers on maintenance issues
- Contribute to the redesign the school website, working with the chosen external website agency
- Management of online requirements of the Admissions department: including registration forms, applications, designing/overseeing the design of special website banners, extracting and manipulating associated data from programs such as: iSAMS, SagePay, Mail Chimp
- SEO management: maximising the positioning of Eltham College in relevant internet searches
- Compiling a monthly report (Google Analytics) regarding website usage (and more frequent for departmental use) and other website usage analysis as required
- To work with the school’s external photographer as required to design/promote suitable content about the school and its activities in online/digital formats.
- Contributing to the use of PressBurst and other online media relations tools to promote school news.
- Supporting other members of the Communications team in logistics and general organisation for main school events, as required (including Open Days, Visitor Mornings, and Speech Days).
- Contribute to and support the evolution of the school’s corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- At least 2 years’ minimum of experience as a Digital/Online marketing executive
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Good knowledge of all different digital marketing channels
- Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
- Solid and proven experience of SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software
- Familiarity with web design
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the school’s profile and success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Able to work with and complement other communications skills in the team including photography, PR/media relations, copywriting and issues management
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of programs like WordPress, Mailchimp and InDesign
- Ideally a graduate and preferably (but not mandatory) a qualification in Marketing/Digital technologies or related field
- Knowledge / experience of working in the education sector
- Some corporate design experience and expertise
- Good copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
The post holder will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact will be to adhere to and will ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding Policy Statement at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School they must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.