Director of Admissions
Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising of the Prep School in the beautiful surroundings of Brandeston Hall, and the Senior School which is set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham. Curiosity and inquiry are at the heart of a vibrant learning culture and at Framlingham College we believe that every child should experience the joy that is to be found in learning. A Framlingham College education aims to nurture essential skills and habits – adaptability, teamwork and good decision-making for example – by weaving them into the curriculum. We are determined to prepare our young people for their adult world.
This is an exciting time to join the College and the successful candidate will actively lead the Admissions team to promote the recruitment of pupils from the UK and overseas. Reporting directly to the Principal, the Director of Admissions will be the key public face of the College and actively promote inspiring, strategic and creative leadership of the admissions pathway.
Applicants must have demonstrable experience gained at senior level as this role will be part of the College Senior Leadership Team, as well as the ability to successfully lead and manage people. An understanding of the challenges currently facing all independent schools and the ability to think creatively and seize opportunities is what we are looking for.
- To be a key public face of the College.
- To report directly to the Principal of Framlingham College but also working closely with the Head of Framlingham College Preparatory School.
- To act as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To provide inspiring, strategic and creative leadership of the College’s Admissions pathway.
This is not an exhaustive list and the post holder will be expected to show flexibility and assist with other tasks of a similar nature. The post holder will be expected to work at the Prep School as well as the Senior School as necessary.
- Whole College Strategic oversight of the Admissions function (from Prep through to Senior School)
- Increase pupil numbers in the College as per the College Growth Strategy through recruitment and retention.
- In close collaboration with the Principal maintain and develop an effective Admissions strategy including the identification of potential new markets and relationships.
- In line with the Strategy, visit feeder schools, UK and International recruitment fairs to promote the College brand and recruit pupils.
- Analysis and forecasting of pupil numbers including recruitment into Boarding and Day at the different entry points. Present reports and forecasts to the Principal, SLT and the Governors Marketing, Admissions and Development committee.
For the full job description, please download the recruitment pack.
A competitive salary is offered as well as ongoing CPD opportunities, and a highly supportive working environment.
We welcome all applications especially from independent thinkers, creative minds and we very much look forward to receiving your application.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role together with an application form. Recruitment packs are available from the HR Department on 01728 723789, or from www.framlinghamcollege.co.uk.
Closing date: Midday Monday 19th November
Framlingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.