Director of External Relations
Founded in 1844, Rossall is a co-educational boarding and day school with an illustrious history and a clear strategic vision for the future. Situated on the Fylde Coast, the majestic backdrop of the Cumbrian Peaks and the Irish Sea provide a spectacular environment within which a community of 690 boys and girls. Academic results are strong and Rossall has now reclaimed its place as one of the top performing independent schools in the North West.
Reporting to the Headmaster, the Director of External Relations will be a member of the Senior Executive leading an outstanding team focussed on developing and enhancing the brand perception of Rossall School, furthering its regional, national and global profile and continuing to grow the school’s roll to ensure a sustainable future.
- Develop and implement marketing, communications and pupil recruitment strategies, ensuring that they are aligned with the School’s vision, aims and strategic priorities, which serve to differentiate Rossall from its competitors.
- Oversee marketing and communications across the Rossall community with a view to strengthening the school, internally and externally, and strengthening the Schools’ overall standing and reputation with all key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the optimum fill of the School, monitoring and responding to key market trends in pupil recruitment, revising strategies and tactical marketing plans where appropriate, lead and guide the Admissions Department in pupil recruitment to achieve the School’s growth targets and develop and implement a sound strategy for recruiting pupils for Rossall School for the future
- Develop and deliver a strategic marketing, admissions, communication and development plan to underpin the School’s strategic development plan.
- Manage, mentor and motivate a team of eight across the disciplines of marketing, admissions and communications.
This role will suit an experienced and innovative professional with a proven track record within a sales and marketing related context – an individual who will possess excellent relationship-building skills, a strong sense of collegiate teamwork as well as entrepreneurial and commercial instincts. Experience of working within an educational environment is not essential as the role might suit an exceptional individual with appropriate commercial sales and marketing experience gained outside the sector. The successful candidate will have an instinctive feel for the independent boarding and day market, combined with the relevant transferable skills to undertake this complex and fulfilling role. You will have experience of creating and writing strategies and policies, be adept at managing teams within a multi-disciplinary environment and will be target driven.
Is this the right role for you?
If you are an inspirational and dynamic leader with high level sales, marketing and business development expertise you will thrive on this unique opportunity to define, implement and develop a clear and forward-thinking strategy. Not only will you be an outstanding communicator but have creative flair, resilience and an ability to master a diverse workload, react to change, create opportunities and meet often tight deadlines. We are looking for someone with a sales/marketing/business background, commercial experience and exceptional interpersonal skills as well as a balanced perspective and an entrepreneurial edge.
The role offers a generous remuneration package.
To apply please contact email@example.com or contact me for a confidential chat on 07538 258017
Closing date 25th June.