Director of Marketing & Enterprise
Set in stunning 175-acre grounds between Liphook and Haslemere, Highfield and Brookham Schools are leading independent coeducational, Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep schools, supporting 480 students.
The Schools are renowned for delivering an exceptional and innovative education. Visitors to the Schools are struck by their warmth and the exceptional vibrancy, dynamism, happiness and energy of the children and staff who put their heart and soul into all they do.
We’re in search of a passionate and driven Director of Marketing and Enterprise to lead the Marketing and Enterprise team and raise the profile of Highfield and Brookham Schools across multiple online and offline platforms. We are looking to appoint a dynamic, creative and highly organised individual who will quickly understand and embrace our DNA. Someone who is passionate about what we do and can channel our vibrancy and heart effectively across all media.
This is a new role and a really exciting opportunity for someone with vision and imagination, looking to make their mark, shaping a newly formed team and delivering an effective strategy to drive awareness, reputation and commercial success to new heights.
As Director of Marketing and Enterprise you will lead a team of four responsible for generating interest and leads for both schools, to increase admissions. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing relations with key stakeholders to assist with fundraising, and the marketing and promotion of key events throughout the year.
Over time, the Schools have developed a number of ancillary (non-fee income) revenue streams – Highfield School of Swimming, International Summer School, Pavilion Café, Saturday at Brookham, All-Weather Pitch lettings etc. As Director of Enterprise you will have strategic oversight of these ancillary sources of revenue and be responsible for ensuring that we promote them effectively and optimise them in a coherent, thought-through fashion.
- To build on the current marketing strategy to drive the reputation and awareness to increase admissions to Highfield and Brookham
- To lead, develop and inspire a newly formed team
- To develop campaigns and communications across multiple marketing channels
- To conduct regular analysis of marketing activity to continually improve performance and better meet our goals and objectives
- To lead the Digital Marketing Manager to deliver a digital marketing plan for both schools, including web design, SEO, PPC and social media management
- To inspire the Marketing Communications Executive to execute timely press releases, to write engaging weekly newsletters and negotiate value for money advertising opportunities
- To oversee all printed communications and collateral for both parents and prospects
- To develop relationships through local networking and national events
- To manage the Head of International Development to increase admissions from international students and strengthen relationships with international agents
- To work with the fundraising committee to create and implement the fundraising strategy
- To guide the Head of External Activities to drive the commercial success of the Swim School and the Holiday Activities Programme
- To give strategic oversight to Enterprises helping to optimise all ancillary revenue streams
- To be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team alongside the two Heads, the Chairman, Estates Bursar and Finance Bursar.
- Good honours degree and CIM qualifications or similar or proven experience
- 3 years minimum experience in marketing and business development / enterprise
- Broad knowledge of all areas of marketing including advertising, press, social media, SEO, PPC, design and persuasive writing
- Recent, proven expertise and experience in digital and content marketing
- Excellent organisational and event management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tailor messages for different target markets
- Strong copywriting and proofreading editorial skills
- A good team player with excellent communication skills and good humour
- Results and deadline driven and able to work under pressure
- Belief in the benefits of independent education
- Willingness and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Experience of the independent education environment
- Design know-how and knowledge of InDesign
- Aptitude for photography
- Experience and understanding of databases
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000 dependent on qualifications and experience.
This role is based in Liphook, Hampshire. You will play a key role in the Senior Management Team and will report to the Headteachers and Chairman. You will be responsible for managing a team of four staff. This is a full-time role, working all year round.
Method of Application
A letter of application, together with a CV, including the names and addresses of two referees should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LQ.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 29th September, with interviews to be held on Wednesday 6th / Thursday 7th October.
Safer Recruitment: We are an I.A.P.S. co-educational Boarding and Day Pre-Prep and Prep School for 500 pupils aged 2 to 13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools are an Equal Opportunities Employer.