Job Title – Education Consultant (Private School Placements)
Location – Wateringbury, Kent (20 minutes from Tonbridge or Maidstone)
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Brand new, bright and comfortable rural office environment with free parking
• 24 days holiday, NEST pension
• Great career prospects for a flexible and talented individual with a buoyant, exciting company
• Advising and assisting families from the UK and across the world with choosing and applying to private schools and colleges
• Providing general advice on private education, curriculum options etc
• Assessing students’ school reports and presenting candidates to suitable schools
• Providing parents with information about schools, including academic track record, curriculum, facilities, gender/religious ethos etc. and recommending suitable schools
• Liaising with schools and guiding clients through the admissions process, including arranging visits to schools and assisting with entrance test arrangements etc
• Responding to enquiries for summer school placements and making appropriate recommendations
• Assisting with other admin and school placement work as required
We are looking for an individual with the following attributes:
• Experience of UK private schools and the UK curriculum, either as an employee, a parent or one’s own education
• A driven personality with a desire to provide a client with best quality advice possible
• A confident and effective communicator, with excellent written and spoken English, and the ability to be persuasive with our affluent clients and senior school staff
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Some foreign language ability would be advantageous because of our large international client base, but not essential
• A flexible, can-do attitude and willing to take the initiative and work under pressure
• UK university degree desirable
Education Advisers provides information and advice to parents seeking private schools and colleges. We were established in 2004 and now run several websites, which generate more than 1 million visitors per year. We also undertake work with schools to develop their own recruitment strategies.
The Education Consultant will be involved from the outset in advising parents on school and college placements. This role has real job satisfaction with a high level of autonomy, working with a small team of colleagues.
Education Advisers Ltd is primarily an internet driven company. You will be expected to contribute to our online content as required, and must be willing and able to travel to schools when necessary.
As a small and flexible company all members of staff are expected and encouraged to contribute to the development of new services and business initiatives, for example marketing and implementing pupil assessment programmes. The consultant should become familiar with all aspects of our operations including administration processes, billing / accounting, database management and customer management systems to contribute help if and when required.
The role is based at the Education Advisers main office in Wateringbury, Kent.
How to Apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to Mary Murayama, [email protected] by 18 February 2022
Mary Murayama, Joint Managing Director
Education Advisers Ltd
Home Farm, Red Hill,
Wateringbury, Kent ME18 5NN
Phone 01622 813870
Preferred Start Date 1 March 2022 or ASAP
Contact Name Mary Murayama
Contact Email [email protected]