Head of Admissions
Required from: February 2022
Contract term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £36,000 – £42,000 depending on qualifications and experience
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role leading and managing the admissions process for Blackheath High School to ensure we continue to attract and offer world class opportunities to bright, confident and enthusiastic learners.
As Head of Admissions, you will join our friendly, creative and high performing Marketing & Admissions Department which is responsible for ensuring a professional, friendly experience is provided to prospective parents and pupils as they join us. You will play a leading role in ensuring we attract the strongest applicants for both our Senior and Junior schools and make admission to Blackheath High School as seamless as possible.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the whole school admissions process to ensure that all enquirers and applicants receive a warm and positive impression of the school
- Acquiring knowledge of the positive and unique features of the school so that these can be communicated during the admissions journey
- Getting to know each applicant and their family well so that the Head can be well advised in making offers
- Giving tours to prospective families
- Processing all applications
- Agreeing an events plan for the year with the Director of Marketing and Development
You will need to be an enthusiastic and personable individual, with excellent interpersonal and administrative skills and the ability to work to deadlines with a pro-active approach to planning and prioritising your work.
You will need similar experience of working in a marketing or admissions department, with a proven record in reaching targets in a service driven environment. Experience of managing a database and using digital and social media is equally important.
About the School
Founded in 1880 by the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, Blackheath High School is a selective school for girls aged 3–18. We are fortunate to be located on the edge of the stunning Heath and within easy reach of historic Greenwich and Canary Wharf. Following an £18 million investment over the last five years, our brand new Senior School opened this year, and has been provided with state-of-the-art facilities to ensure that our school environment matches the excellent standard of education we provide.
There are many good reasons to work with us. Blackheath High School has a real sense of community, and you’ll be part of it. You’ll be part, too, of the wider GDST family and you’ll be in the company of some of the best and brightest people in independent education. We also offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans, travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details please contact Sharon Read at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click the ‘Apply for Job’ button.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21 February 2022 at 12 noon.
Interviews to be held on: Monday 28 February 2022.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the application closing date
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
The GDST is committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.