Head of Marketing UK Schools
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Development & Admissions this role will be responsible for the overall marketing of all UK schools in order to meet enrolment and retention targets. The Head of UK schools marketing will be responsible for ensuring all UK marketing activities deliver results in line with forecast and targets, will lead innovation to re-imagine the enrolment purchase experience and maximise enquiry conversion working closely with Admissions teams colleagues.
- With the Director of Marketing, Development & Admissions and input from the Senior Planner/ Business Analyst develop and oversee the implementation of a three-year UK marketing growth strategy.
● Working with Marketing Managers and Senior Planner/Business Analyst contribute to the planning and forecasting of UK in-year, next year enrolment and a 10-year enrolment forecast.
● Analyse the UK Independent and international schools market and identify marketing opportunities for UK schools. Develop insights into segment market behaviors and preferences using market data and owned research, initiate new research needs as appropriate.
● Lead and manage the Marketing Managers ACS Cobham, Hillingdon & Egham to set and achieve annual marketing objectives in line with forecasts and develop competitive annual marketing plans.
● Champion customer experience and drive innovation and effectiveness across the enquiry purchase cycle, working closely with Director of Marketing, Development & Admissions to bring in new processes, training and best practice to improve customer user experience and maximise enquiry conversions and retention.
● Responsible for the development of competitive marketing propositions and campaigns across UK schools, working with key school stakeholders and brand team delivering creative and compelling communications to drive enrolment and retention.
● Use market knowledge, market insights and future-thinking to influence UK schools’ product development strategies engaging with Education Strategy Services and school leaders, and lead Marketing Managers to drive innovation and change to evolve the schools’ propositions
● Lead a strategy and activation plan to maintain and grow ACS Expat and corporate market share maximizing Relo industry opportunities.
● Lead and oversee a UK schools content strategy, ensuring competitive and engaging stories are effectively and consistently communicated through PR, website, a world class social media strategy and parent communications
● Lead the school Marketing Managers to ensure sustained engagement with the schools’ SLT to ensure high quality parent/school communications.
● Oversee UK Schools engagement with the schools’ Development Committees, support regular fundraising campaigns and events.
● Oversee each school’s marketing communications calendar ensuring all business aims are met (fundraising, enrolment, retention, partnerships)
● Ensure all communications and initiatives up-hold brand values and guidelines
● Oversee school Marketing Managers to execute high quality school events eg graduation, open days, visiting speakers, online events in line with brand values.
● Oversee key partnerships such as Discovery Summer Camp
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Marketing professional with demonstrable experience of marketing planning, proposition development and developing marketing insights
● Marketing qualification desired
● Gravitas and leadership qualities
● Good project management skills
● Clear oral and written communicator with the ability to work effectively and establish credibility with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
● Self-starting with the ability to operate independently and as a team.
● Positive and good humoured with a flexible, can-do approach.
● Analytical ability – forecasting experience desirable
● Knowledge of digital and social marketing.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
● Open, confident, resourceful and highly professional.
● Positive and good humoured with a flexible, can-do approach with adaptability to change.
● Proven ability in influencing in order to cultivate relationships and motivating people to act with all stakeholders, including Senior Leadership.
● Multitasking ability
● A pioneering attitude and questioning the status quo.
● Ability to demonstrate strategic awareness
● Resolution focus
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the impetus to make things happen
ACS is committed to inclusion across race, gender, faith, identity and abilities. We believe that diversity helps us to fulfil our purpose, realise our vision and exemplify our values. ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.