International Marketing Manager
We are looking for a digital savvy international student recruitment and marketing specialist to join the team at one of the UK’s most distinctive day and boarding schools.
RIC is Kent’s fresh alternative to traditional independent education from Year 7 to Sixth Form. All teaching takes place in small, informal groups of mixed ability students. There’s no uniform and everyone is on first name terms. We focus on the highest levels of academic achievement while retaining a creative buzz.
This is a new position and we are looking for a creative and charismatic individual to lead on international recruitment for the College. You’ll craft imaginatively and articulate fluently the tone and image of RIC in person and online. You’ll be able to command the confidence of potential students and their parents and excite them about the prospect of choosing RIC.
The role will include both marketing and admissions functions. The job description will be finalised according to the experience and expertise of the successful candidate but your main purpose will be to ensure the effective promotion of RIC internationally and to drive student recruitment. You’ll be experienced in handling international sales and admissions and comfortable with a consultative approach to sales. You’ll be happy to travel internationally, representing RIC at school fairs and agent conferences but also keen to get involved in all aspects of the College, including helping with domestic student recruitment activities when required.
• Educated to degree level or beyond
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar commercial student recruitment and marketing role, ideally within the independent sixth form college or HE sectors.
• Digital marketing experience
• Ability to travel, work independently and develop relationships
• Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
• Knowledge of other languages
• Marketing qualification
• Digital Media qualification
• Experience of using a social media scheduling and management tool such as Hootsuite
• Knowledge of international social media channels
• Experience of using Salesforce
• Experience in website management and SEO
• Managing adwords and other PPC systems for local, UK and international campaigns
• Creative and design skills, (InDesign, Photoshop and Video editing expertise preferred). Experience of using WordPress/other CMS and Google Analytics
RIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants will undergo appropriate safeguarding screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Being You @ RIC: Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures and so do we. We want our staff to find a home at RIC and aim to give them the freedom to be themselves at work. We want our community to be an inclusive one where there are meaningful levels of representation across all parts of the College. A commitment to inclusivity is at the heart of RIC’s Project 2025 development planning. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at RIC.