Marketing Agency Account Director
Salary: c.£50 – £55k pro-rata + a range of benefits
Remote working, part-time Berkshire (hours to be discussed with candidates)
We’re Ambleglow – a full-service education marketing agency who work with schools and education-focused businesses across the UK to market themselves in the best possible light. The more people you reach, the greater the impact we can all have on education in the UK.
We’ve had a brilliant year so far and we’re growing. We’re now looking for a self-starting Account Director to manage our largest projects, as well as help transition new enquires into new account wins.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, your role will be to own the larger client projects, oversee the day-to-day running of key client accounts, help to shape agency responses to client briefs, and manage a team to traffic workflow through the agency.
You will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to inspire a team to exceed client expectations and grow the business.
What you’ll be doing
• Lead on developing integrated strategies and brand plans – supporting clients across all touchpoints.
• Project Management, ensuring briefs are completed on time, within budget.
• Review and management of client comments and feedback – agreeing next steps and actions with account team and client team as necessary.
• Oversee regular, timely updates to clients, suppliers and agency on status of projects and workflows, outlining key actions and next steps and flagging issues/queries as appropriate etc.
• Retain and grow existing clients.
• Identify where processes and ways of working within the agency and with clients could be improved or streamlined and help implement processes across agency and accounts.
• Support management team with recruitment and onboarding of new account handling members.
New Business Proposal Management:
• Act as the first point of contact for new business enquiries and take them through our qualification process.
• Organise and lead ‘Discovery Call’ appointments – our opportunity to find out more about an incoming project and decide whether it’s for us.
• Post discovery call, write up a compelling and creative proposal that translates their requirements into an actionable and fully costed brief.
• Transition the prospect into a client. • We would expect this role to play an active role in delivery of the largest agency projects.
• Proactively identify business opportunities and follow up on leads flagged by junior members of the team.
• Take lead on pitch and proposals, presenting back to client teams etc.
Who you are
Chances are you’ve held a senior marketing management role that has been a combination of both strategic and tactical – even better if you’ve had experience of winning new business. You might have had a career break and be looking to move to part-time work. Whatever your background, you’re hands-on, creative and have a ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
You don’t have to have worked within an agency setting, but you do need to know what great customer service looks and feels like, and you’ll do whatever you can to deliver it.
Skills you’ll have:
• Experience of delivering multi-channel integrated campaigns of different size and scope.
• A sound grasp of B2B marketing tactics and how they relate to each other.
• Ability to look strategically and with a ‘birds eye view’ at marketing functions, and implement strategies accordingly.
Excellent research and writing skills.
• A track record of controlling job delivery and project costs.
• Highly organised with strong project management skills.
• Evaluate content metrics and iterate based on results.
• Should have a history of leading on and delivering winning pitches and proposals.
• Desirable to have line management experience and demonstrated history of mentoring and nurturing junior team etc.
• An understanding/experience of the UK education sector would be valuable.
We recognise that our team are what makes our company, so we offer a varied benefits package to ensure they are recognised for their hard work, which includes:
• 25 days’ holiday (pro rata).
• Your birthday off.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme.
• Rewards platform with discounts for big high street stores, travel, show tickets, gym membership and more.
• Productivity bonus.
• Company bonus based on meeting business targets.
• Christmas closing with no holiday allowance needed.
• Holiday purchase scheme.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and preferred working pattern to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please.