Marketing and Admissions Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an organised, creative and enthusiastic marketing and admissions professional, with drive and passion to work in a growing and fast paced school community. This role would suit either an experienced marketing professional who has exceptional customer service skills, a friendly manner, excellent design, writing and digital media skills with a creative mindset or an experienced admissions registrar or administrator.
Main purpose of the job:
To lead the marketing and admissions by promoting internally and externally Conifers School, thereby driving pupil recruitment and retention of both pupils and staff. To work closely with the marketing and admissions team, at School and Group level, as well as with the Head and SLT.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional team player and possess the ability to individually execute a range of initiatives and campaigns to inform, engage, recruit, and retain pupils from Pre-School through to the Prep School, Experience of working in a School environment is essential with particular experience in marketing and admissions, including the admissions process, meeting and greeting visitors, and responding to emails and telephone calls.
The role will include online and digital marketing, events, media relations, PR, in-house graphic and digital design and production of publications and collateral, SEO, internal communications such as weekly newsletters and other CRM, maintaining the school website and seeking new opportunities.
The Marketing and Admission Executive will manage all aspects of the admissions process, carry out school tours, liaise with prospective parents and work on events for prospective pupils as well as ensure the efficiency of the Admissions process from initial contact through to enrolment. This is a fast-paced and busy role with much opportunity and reward.
Specific Skills, Responsibilities and Requirements:
• The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of digital marketing skills including website development, video marketing, social media marketing. Knowledge of SEO (technical SEO and content marketing) would be preferable, although training can be provided.
• Take photos and undertake filming and interviews to secure content to illustrate school life e.g. children in school, teacher demonstrations, parent interviews, pupil case studies, school events etc.
• Manage a media library of school photos and videos, editing this content as necessary.
• Organise and manage professional photographic shoots, videos and pod casts as required.
• Graphic design skills are essential with knowledge of Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop. A creative mind is also essential.
• Advertising: oversee the production and execution of school advertising in the press, school guides and general community in any format. Monitor competitor advertising and produce an annual review of the marketplace and produce a termly report on the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. Research and advise on new advertising placements.
• Copy writing for press, blogging, marketing literature and website content.
• Managing and updating website content.
• Draft, design and schedule social media content promoting the school or appealing to its potential audiences across a range of social media channels e.g. Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, using advertising/ promoted posts when required.
• Develop social media channels, maintaining an active and engaging presence and interacting with individuals, influencers and organisations and reposting, commenting and responding as necessary.
• Create and distribute printed marketing materials to promote the school. For example: posters, leaflets, signage, adverts.
• Research and secure PR opportunities to promote the school, drafting press releases and other content as necessary. For example, placing articles in local/ sector media/ blogs, organising event attendance, school/teacher award entries.
• Support and produce email marketing mailers to existing and prospective parents. Understanding and knowledge of software such as Readymag and Mailchimp would be preferable.
• Manage the design, content, and production of a weekly and termly newsletters as well as design and produce an annual school yearbook.
• Source, create and refresh marketing material and merchandising for the school.
• Oversee the production of event invitations and other printed material related to an event.Setup displays; manage internal events, attend schools and events for school recruitment. To foster a high and unified standard for all customer facing and public material.
• To design and produce event programmes, certificates, information sheets and other marketing collateral.
• Experienced copywriter; able to write for a B2C audience across various platforms and media. You will also have excellent written communication and proof-reading skills.
• To assist with sourcing appropriate branded products for marketing purposes.
• Ensure the marketing costs remain within budget.
• Communicate and update the Group Head of Marketing and Admissions on major projects.
• Document project plans for all work undertaken.
• Keep all documents filed in relevant project files.
• Keep the electronic diary up to date.
• Dress in a manner appropriate for the needs of the day.
Parents and Communication:
• Manage and deliver an efficient and welcoming admissions programme, ensuring a professional service to parents, pupils, feeder schools and the school community.
• Working through all aspects of the admissions process from initial contact through to enrolment with efficiency.
• Ensuring that all appropriate information is sent out at the relevant stages of the admissions process.
• Managing visits of the school by prospective parents and pupils, ensuring that their experience is as positive and as personal as possible.
• Maintaining contact with prospective parents and following up visits with personal approaches to ensure registration and retention.
• Communicating efficiently with all areas of the school including teaching and support staff as appropriate.
• To follow up on enquiries from agents and parents who have made contact with the school.
• To ensure that information relating to admissions on the School Website is up to date and accurate.
• Where possible, attend school events, recruitment fairs and similar publicity events.
• Informing West Sussex CC of starters and leavers.
• Co-ordinate visits, and build relationships with Independent Schools and their Heads.
• Tour prospective families.
• Liaise with the Head of Marketing and Admissions and/or Head to identify critical areas for marketing campaigns.
• Record, monitor and analyse the progress of enquiries through the admissions process to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
Data and Management:
• Ensure that record keeping, and reporting requirements are maintained.
• Ensure that the admissions data and register is up to date, accurate and is compliant with the latest data protection protocols and school regulations.
• To comply with the School policies and procedures.
• To track, manage and analyse the admissions statistics (including enquiries, visits, registrations, offers, deposits, joiners and leavers) and report figures regularly.
• To ensure that the Bursar is informed of deposits received, new starters, pupil leavers and any changes in financial assistance, so that fee billing is as accurate as possible.
• To ensure that new pupil materials are prepared as required, providing relevant teaching staff with the required documentation relating to new pupils and their induction.
• To ensure all data and information required by ISI and other bodies is kept up to date and in excellent order.
For full job description and to apply see https://sherbertjobs.com/southeast/westsussex/conifers/marketing-and-admissions-executive or contact Chloe Pestell email@example.com