Marketing and Events Co-Ordinator
Marketing and Events Co-Ordinator – Full time position
Salary: £20-25K per annum
King’s College and King’s Hall School is a thriving, co-educational, independent boarding and day school for children from two to 18 years. King’s Hall School has approximately 300 children from 2 to 13 and King’s College which has approximately 490 pupils from 13 to 18. Located on two sites, both schools provide inspired teaching, superb facilities, and our nurturing of individual potential combine to create an environment in which young people achieve great things. This is an exciting opportunity to join at a key stage of development, following the ongoing success of the Admissions and Marketing department.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Marketing and Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Events Co-Ordinator will work all year round and co-ordinate sales and marketing activities to deliver the maximum number of enquiries to King’s College and King’s Hall School while maintaining the culture of both School communities.
He or she needs a range of essential skills and experience, including:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of people
- Excellent written skills – must be able to demonstrate the ability to write and edit copy for different audiences (website articles, social media posts, press releases, newsletters, emails, letters)
- The ability to support the Admissions team and Marketing Manager to arrange, promote and run events
- Friendly, confident and outgoing personality to support sales team at exhibitions and events (with the potential for international travel)
- Understanding/knowledge of the sales funnel and experience of relationship marketing
- Experience of using digital media: website content management (CMS platforms) and social media content management
- Demonstrable IT skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); use of bespoke databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Bring creativity and innovation, asking questions and generating ideas
- Self-motivated – ability to work autonomously, to multi-task and prioritise on a daily basis in a busy and dynamic environment
- Sales/marketing experience
Desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Design skills – use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Photography skills
- Copy writing and/or proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the independent education sector
For an application pack, please contact the HR Dept on 01823 328105/328100 or email: CSweet@kings-taunton.co.uk.
Closing Date: Monday 17 January 2022
Sifting will take place by Friday 21 January 2022
Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 24 January 2022. Successful applicants should allow half a day for interview process.
King’s Hall School and King’s College are Woodard Schools. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safe welfare of children and young people and except all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.