Marketing and Communications Executive
Each year, d’Overbroeck’s welcomes hundreds of new students to our school. Whether as a domestic or international, day or boarding student, the Marketing & Communications Executive will be influential in raising awareness of d’Overbroeck’s and helping families identify us as their preferred independent school of choice. We work with families directly, in addition to working with those who use international agents, via Nord Anglia Education’s Global Recruitment Team (GRT), who are based around the world.
Please note this list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and will change according to the needs and development of the role itself. It is expected that the post holder may undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested. Marketing and Communications Executive will be reporting to Senior Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Manage the editing of the school website, and where appropriate repurpose content from other digital channels.
- Create and schedule content for the school’s social media channels to support the school’s key marketing priorities, monitoring and engaging with our key audiences.
- Assist with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and keyword search to make the school website more visible to those using search engines to find independent schools.
- Develop a feeling of community by ensuring students, their parents, guardians, international agents, and school staff are all informed and aware of upcoming events and milestones, ensuring student and staff representation is evident in content.
- Design and produce engaging news stories that highlight our ethos in parents’ weekly e-newsletter and play an active role in the evolution of the Parent Portal to ensure parent communications are streamlined and relevant across all marketing channels.
- Develop and produce materials from the brief stage through to writing content (often with colleagues across the school), editing, print and distribution, including internal publications, prospectuses, and newsletters.
- Ensure Nord Anglia and school brand guidelines are always upheld.
- Be responsible for the school’s promotional stands and other event support material (signs, banners, and merchandise), ordering new stock as required and ensuring the timely supply of stock to events.
- Manage the stock of all marketing collateral, creating systems to identify and order when stock needs to be replenished.
- Assist in updating third party content across printed material (e.g. school directories) and digital platforms (e.g. BBSN profile page).
- Oversee the collection of photography and videography that captures what makes d’Overbroeck’s so special.
- Collaborate with external suppliers, such as designers, film producers, website providers and printers to deliver marketing assets.
- Proactively manage and develop the school’s photo and video library (including photography or video consent).
- Ensure all marketing materials produced are compliant with GDPR regulations and robustly manage marketing non-consenters within the school.
- Execute the marketing plan, which spans prospective domestic and international, day and boarding students.
- Assist with projects within defined campaigns to directly address key market segments.
- Work with the GRT to identify and deliver key marketing efforts to support their markets.
- Support the wider team with logistics, organisation, and promotion of school events. Customer service and liaison with attendees in the build up to events. Attending and hosting events in partnership with the wider marketing, admissions, and development team. Some of these events may take place in the evening or at weekends.
- Assist in delivering effective partnership and outreach events to engage and build relationships with feeder schools.
- Ensure that stakeholders and attendees are followed up, thanked, or asked for feedback as required.
- Create and deliver digital content via social media channels and using a website editor.
- Can demonstrate basic knowledge of image editing software such as Photoshop.
- Able to report on social media and website (using Google Analytics, Hootsuite or similar)
- Experience of producing top quality communications for external audiences.
- A willingness to immerse yourself proactively in the school community, staff, and students, to identify and highlight interesting content.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written English.
- Have experience in an education environment.
- An interest in photography / videography
- Have a knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro) to make in house edits to materials produced by third party professional designers.
This is a full-time appointment which will involve working 5 days a week from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (flexibility on working hours may be required, occasional evenings and weekends for events)
The salary for this position will be dependent on experience.
Staff at d’Overbroeck’s also benefit from
- free cooked lunches during term-time
- access to ‘We Care’ medical and counselling services
- discounted membership rates for a nearby sports and leisure club
- participation in the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
- fee discounts for children of staff attending d’Overbroeck’s School
If you would like any further information at this stage, please contact Lisa Johnson, Senior Marketing and Communications Manager – Lisa.Johnson@doverbroecks.com
Applicants should complete the Form entitled Application for a Non-Teaching Post which can be downloaded from https://www.doverbroecks.com/about/careers/
The Application Form, full Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter should be emailed to HR@doverbroecks.com and a signed copy sent to:
333 Banbury Road
The final date for submission of applications is Monday 18 September 2023.
Please apply as soon as possible. All applications will be processed on receipt.
Short-listed applicants will be notified of the interview arrangements as soon as possible after short-listing. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to shortlist and invite suitable candidates in for interview prior to this date, as we are looking to make a new appointment as quickly as possible.
Nord Anglia Education
In early 2021 d’Overbroeck’s was acquired by Nord Anglia Education, a leading premium international schools organisation. At the start of the 2022-23 academic year, NAE comprised 81 school in 32 countries, employing over 15,000 and teaching over 70,000 students.
You can find out more on their website: nordangliaeducation.com