Marketing and Communications Executive
Are you looking for a role combining creativity, communications and technical skill? Are you experienced in planning and creating digital and traditional communications campaigns?
Founded in 1915, St Christopher School is an independent day and boarding school for girls and boys aged 3-18. We have 535 pupils and 199 teaching and support staff.
We treat our young people as individuals and aim for them to develop competence and resourcefulness, social conscience and moral courage, the capacity for friendship and a true zest for life
St Chris is looking for an enthusiastic communications professional to make an impact by telling our story and to support the recruitment of students to our progressive forward thinking school.
We are looking for someone who can combine creativity, communication and technical skills. You will be experienced in planning and creating digital and traditional communications campaigns. By telling our story you will be supporting the recruitment of students locally, nationally and internationally.
The post holder will report to the Director of Marketing & Admissions, and should be a motivated self-starter who is able to initiate projects and ideas.
This is a key role, and crucial to the successful development of the School’s communications strategy. Based in a small but dynamic department the post will suit a talented, highly creative individual with excellent communication and technical skills seeking to develop their career in a busy and inspiring role.
The role will cover all areas of the School from Nursery to Sixth Form and alumni. Responsibilities will include planning, creating and managing all content for distribution across our digital and social media channels, planning and executing paid online marketing campaigns and supporting the delivery of events to develop the School’s profile and increase recruitment.
With proven experience in digital and traditional marketing, you will be adept at creating engaging content and campaigns. You will also use your excellent communications skills to manage content on the School’s website, in its newsletters and publications, supporting the Director of Marketing & Admissions in ensuring the consistent presentation of St Chris and its brand across the School’s communication channels and on third party websites.
The ideal candidate will take the role of ‘investigative journalist’ when it comes to uncovering the many good news stories across the School. You will be a confident writer, photographer and video editor, able to quickly turnaround stories and ideas, while managing multiple deadlines.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Admissions to support the development of a digital marketing strategy and schedule campaigns.
- Identify, gather and tell stories from across the organisation, from Nursery to Sixth Form and alumni, across digital and traditional platforms in support of the School’s strategy using words, images and video.
- Work closely with teaching staff to develop student and alumni profiles and success stories.
- Embrace all aspects of social media to create and maintain an engaging and active presence across various platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, monitoring and reporting on effectiveness.
- Input into decisions and manage digital advertising across all key platforms (including Google, Facebook/Instagram.) Work in-house or with digital agencies to ensure the effective placement of ads to improve engagement with potential families. Monitor and report on performance of digital advertising.
- Maintain and develop dynamic, engaging website content, and support the development of the website.
- Manage the School’s SEO campaigns with creative agencies
- Assist with the planning and delivery of marketing and admissions recruitment events (virtual and in person)
- Attend key events (which may possibly be during evenings and occasional weekends), take and edit photographs, video footage and share on social and digital platforms.
- Monitor data and analytics for website, social media and digital campaigns.
- Monitor mentions of the School across digital sites and forum, updating directories and listings.
- Research, write and design a range of content, including parental e-newsletters, supporting with email marketing campaigns and admissions communications via MailChimp and our Admissions software (OpenApply).
- With the Director of Marketing and Admissions, write, supply and follow up press stories and editorials and continue to develop the School’s media database
- Support with the delivery of publications such as school brochures and magazines through collating material and articles.
- With the Director of Marketing & Admissions, identify, plan and commission relevant content (photography, video, audio, graphic, 360 virtual tours, virtual events) to improve the reach and impact of our message; support the management of third party suppliers
- Work alongside external marketing consultants and agencies, implementing ideas when requested etc.
- Ensure all communications are in line with the School’s agreed guidelines. Ensure that the School’s communications content meets accessibility, security and legal requirements, data protection and copyright, as well as standards of quality and agreed schedules.
- Collate Parent Photographic Data Protection preferences and manage the School’s image library.
- A degree or recognised marketing qualification is desirable, but not essential;
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a content/marketing executive role or similar;
- Excellent storytelling and writing skills and a keen eye for accuracy and detail;
- A passion for social and digital media;
- Excellent design, photography and video editing skills and an understanding of effective visual communication;
- Excellent ICT skills and an ability to use WordPress, Mailchimp and Canva/Adobe CC Photoshop and InDesign with knowledge of video editing software an advantage;
- Cheerful, flexible and positive approach with an enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with staff, parents and students in a friendly, professional and courteous manner – a team player;
- Willingness to maintain and continuously develop technical proficiency, and evaluate and advise on emerging online trends, technology and tools;
- Self-motivated – ability to work autonomously; to multi-task and prioritise on a daily basis in a busy and dynamic environment
Terms & Conditions
Hours of work: This is a full time, permanent, on-site position, starting as soon as possible. The core hours of work are 8.00am – 5.00pm, although there will be a requirement to attend key School events and Open Days which will require some evening and weekend work hours, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Job share or term time only contract + 2 weeks could be discussed for right candidate.
Salary: Pay review pending September 2022. (Salary Scale 24–28) £26,181–£29,757 dependent on experience. Based on 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum.
Holiday: Five weeks plus all Bank Holidays a pro rata entitlement will be given if the role is offered on term-time + 2 or job share.
Benefits: Free parking on site. The successful candidate will be entitled to join the St Christopher contributory Pension Scheme. Currently the School contributes 8% towards the scheme and matches individual’s contributions to a maximum contribution by the School of 12%.
In order to apply for this post candidates are required to complete the St Christopher School Application Form, which can be found on the School’s website (www.stchris.co.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/).
Completed applications should be sent, along with a letter of application to:
Head of Human Resources
St Christopher School
Letchworth Garden City
Application Deadline: 1200 noon on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
Early application is advised we reserve the right to close the role ahead of the deadline date. We are happy to accept applications by email or post Interviews: Interviews will be held during the last week of April and the first week of May.