Marketing and Communications Manager
DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and have DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance.
We are now looking for a talented, organised, creatively driven Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team. Does that sound like you?
DLD College London thrives in a highly competitive environment and requires creative, strategic marketing to help it maintain and raise its domestic and international profile as the Independent School of the year award runner up for 2019! The Marketing and Communication Manager will be involved in developing the college’s marketing strategy and annual marketing plan in collaboration with the leadership team and the Group’s Director of Marketing.
The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns, thrive on deadlines, have excellent ICT and organisational skills and work with a team whose primary focus is the recruitment and retention of domestic pupils and international.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful, energetic, forward-thinking team and make a real difference in an independent school environment. We welcome applications from a range of backgrounds but an educational background is desirable and the post holder will need to apply their skills and understand quickly the competitive independent school market.
• Develop and implement a coherent marketing strategy for the whole College, in close consultation with the Principal and the Group’s Director of Marketing, aligned with College’s key aims, Development Plan, vision and values, so that student recruitment and retention is optimised at all times
• Raising of the College profile – nationally and internationally
• Development of an integrated marketing and communication strategy and regular analysis and reporting on all marketing tactics
• Responsible for the design and production of internal and external marketing material
• Effective management of external communications
• Creative design and production of College marketing collateral, liaising with external agencies when appropriate
• Consistent implementation of the College’s brand guidelines, providing overall editorial and design control across all communications and advertising media
• Support planning of overseas recruitment trips and attend overseas recruitment trips to key markets, as agreed with the Principal. These will include working closely with overseas agents and/or attending international trade fairs
• Strategic management of the College’s website, with responsibility for its continual evolution, update and ongoing accuracy. Development and implementation of an effective digital and social media strategy;
• Development and oversight of the College’s overall events strategy including Open Days, Feeder School events, Open evenings, taster events etc. – attending these whenever necessary;
• Visits to feeder schools, educational exhibitions and other UK recruitment events, as agreed by the Principal, as well as involvement in developing suitable links and relationships in the local community as a whole
• Be an active, approachable and engaging presence for all stakeholders
• Provide advice to parents/guardians/agents about courses at the College
• Support projects and campaigns that have the potential to boost engagement, applications and student retention
• Assist in organising the testing of UK candidates working with academic staff at all entry points;
• Maintain a good working knowledge and experience of GDPR regulations
• Liaise with academic and pastoral staff for content generation
• Provide support and cover for other members of the Admissions department when necessary
Line management responsibilities:
• Chinese Liaison Officer
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD has been shortlisted for the Independent Schools of the year 2019, founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a ‘gold standard’ of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
• Alpha Plus Group Personal Pension Plan
• Season Loan tickets
• Discounted School Fees
• Employee Assistance Programme
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 6th December 2019
Please following the following link the Alpha Plus Group Careers Page to complete our online application form:
The task and duties above are required for all College Staff; these may be reviewed at least once a year, usually in the Summer Term, in conjunction with the annual review policy.