Marketing & Communications Manager
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Salary: £35,498 – £38,251
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Based: South Kensington, Marylebone, Purley, Earlsfield (hybrid working)
Abingdon House School is a unique and successful Independent Day School for children with special educational needs including autism, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia and other associated needs, aged 5-19. The school operates a mainstream styled provision, delivering holistic and integrated programmes of education, therapy and personal development for its students.
This role will have oversight of a number of schools that are part of the wider Cavendish Education Group: Abingdon House Prep School in South Kensington, Abingdon House
Senior School in Marylebone, Abingdon House School Purley and Chelsea Hall School in Earlsfield.
The Cavendish Education Group
Cavendish Education is a family of independent co-educational day and boarding schools and colleges for students between the ages of five and 21.
As a group, we are transforming the common perception of specialist education and throughout our schools, we challenge what it means to be neurodiverse by supporting our students to excel in ways they never thought possible.
We believe we are unparalleled in our approach, which sits between mainstream and traditional special school education. Our curriculum supports and nurtures students with a diagnosis of autism and associated communication and language needs, as well as those with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
To be responsible for marketing & communications across the above schools, creating compelling and creative content and ensuring a cohesive brand identity.
- Creating and disseminating internal and external communications, including writing content from scratch and editing content provided by staff members
- Creating and monitoring the schools’ communication plans, to build a cohesive brand identity and promote the Schools’ values
- Ensuring compliance with the Cavendish Education brand guidelines
- Social media strategy and creation, including regular, engaging posts across different channels
- Organising giveaways, staff clothing, and branded items
- Organising the branding and marketing of school events, and overseeing the look and feel of the schools’ presentation at these events
- Leading the content and distribution of the Abingdon House School weekly newsletters, monitoring its readership, and updating templates and design as needed
- Website upkeep, including new content creation and ongoing maintenance to ensure all content is accurate, dynamic and compliant with relevant requirements
- Monitoring website performance using Google Analytics, and making design and usage recommendations to ensure visibility
- Maintaining the content of the school prospectus and coordinating professional photographers as required
- Maintaining regular communication with key external stakeholders
- Seeking out and recommending opportunities for school promotion
- Monitoring the SEND education landscape in London
- Seeking out opportunities for expert voice opportunities
- Taking photos for newsletter and social media communications
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
Please note that this list of duties is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the Marketing & Communications Manager may carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Headteachers.
An enhanced DBS certificate will be required.
Closing date for applications: 23rd February 2024
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For an application pack please contact: HR@abingdonhouseschool.co.uk.