Marketing Manager – full time position
Salary: £30-35K per annum
King’s Schools, Taunton is a thriving, co-educational, independent boarding and day school for children from 2 to 18 years. It comprises King’s Hall School which has approximately 300 children from 2 to 13 and King’s College which has approximately 460 pupils from 13 to 18. Located on two sites, both schools provide inspired teaching, superb facilities, and our nurturing of individual potential combine to create an environment in which young people achieve great things. This is an exciting opportunity to join at a key stage of development, following the ongoing success of the Admissions and Marketing department.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work all year round and oversee the day-to-day marketing activities at King’s Hall School and King’s College.
He or she will combine a wide range of essential skills, including:
- Previous experience working in marketing sector
- Excellent written skills – the ability to write for a range of audiences, maintain the correct tone, paying close attention to detail (grammar, punctuation, application of school style guide etc.)
- A true team player, with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills – ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of people
- Be passionate about the creation of visual communication and the ability to generate innovative ideas
- Support and develop the Marketing and Communications Assistant, overseeing the work produced in line with the school guidelines
- Demonstrable IT skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); use of bespoke databases
- Experience of using digital media: website content management (CMS platforms) and social media content management
- Self-motivated and highly organised – ability to work autonomously; to multi-task and prioritise on a daily basis in a busy and dynamic environment
Desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Design skills – use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Photography skills
- Copy writing and/or proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the independent education sector
For an application pack, please contact the HR Dept on 01823 328105/328100 or email: SLBaverstock@kings-taunton.co.uk
Closing Date: Tuesday 1 June 2021
Sifting will take place on Monday 7 June 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9 and Friday 11 June 2021. Successful applicants should allow half a day for interview process.
King’s Hall School and King’s College are Woodard Schools. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safe welfare of children and young people and except all staff to share this commitment. The above post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.