We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Marketing Manager to promote the exceptional benefits of a Cargilfield education.
The Marketing Manager will be expected to develop and deliver a strategic marketing plan which reinforces the truth of the School and covers the following:
– An understanding of the School’s market, its future and existing parents.
– Measurement of the satisfaction of these key customers.
– Development and management of core marketing materials including the website, newsletter and social media feeds. This may involve engaging with and management of external agencies and internal stakeholders.
– Identify and implement (as needed) marketing campaigns which align with the objectives of the School. Currently this includes the School’s 150-year celebrations.
– Oversee the School’s alumni programme.
The Marketing Manager will be supported by a part time Marketing Assistant and other staff members who dedicate part of their role to supporting marketing.
This is a new role so the postholder will need to be at a level in their career where they are experts in their field, are self-motivated, experienced in managing senior stakeholders and have gravitas.
Hours & location: Prepared to consider a part-time or full-time appointment to suit the right candidate. There would also be flexibility for some work from home.
Reporting to: Headmaster
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Qualities
• A strategic thinker who can quickly identify how marketing can support the objectives of the School.
• A track record in creating and delivering marketing campaigns.
• Experience of dealing with external agencies.
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• A willingness to work with staff across the School to engage them in marketing activity.
• Enthusiasm for working in a busy school and a fondness for children and young people.
• Willing and able to contribute to the wider life of the School.
About the school
Cargilfield was founded in 1873 and is the oldest and largest independent preparatory school in Scotland. The School is situated in extensive grounds in the Cramond area of Edinburgh. It is co-educational and takes children aged 3-13 and caters for both day and boarding pupils. Please see the website for more details: www.cargilfield.com
Interested candidates should send a copy of their c.v. along with a one-page letter with their thoughts on this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 13th March
Initial interviews online: 16th/17th March
Final interviews onsite: week beginning 20th March