The Grange School in Hartford, Cheshire are seeking to recruit a Marketing Manager on a permanent full time contract.
As a professional Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the School’s marketing strategy as well as acting as ‘brand guardian’. You will have the ability to advise the Head and Executive Leadership Team on the marketing strategies that the school should employ but you should also be a hands-on marketeer able to deliver the outcomes of the marketing strategy.
The successful candidate will ideally (but not exclusively) have experience of a similar role in an educational environment. This is a key role within the School and the post holder should be able to demonstrate a broad range of marketing skills in: brand management, communications, PR, advertising, event and digital marketing. The ability to be able to multitask, plan and deliver several projects simultaneously is essential alongside strong stakeholder management skills.
A key skill of the Marketing Manager is the ability to identify target markets, and develop marketing messages and methods for specific groups. These groups include feeder school Heads, prospective parents and pupils and local organisations that will deliver the required intake and growth in pupil numbers. The Marketing Manager will develop and implement a clear communication plan that engages and informs different audiences in a timely and effective manner.
A keen eye for detail and a flexible and innovative approach is essential. The post holder must have a high level of creativity and be able to bring concepts and campaigns to life. The Marketing Manager needs to be a self-starter who manages and governs their own workload and recognises within the marketing cycle of the school, what activity needs to take place and when.
A very clear understanding of the market in which the school operates is essential, as is the flair for recognising opportunities The Grange School has to celebrate our own unique selling points.
This role is a fantastic opportunity within a successful school that, for the right candidate, will produce significant satisfaction and reward.
• Advise the Head and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on the development of a compelling and impactful marketing plan in support of the School’s strategic plan and based on statistical analysis and clear evidence. Evaluate and revise the plan annually.
- Identify target markets and areas of opportunity and develop marketing messages and methods for these specific targets.
- Brand management including ensuring that all school publications and communications follow brand guidelines.
- Carry out and analyse the results of parental survey every 3 years, and develop responses relevant to results. Where appropriate make recommendations for the use of external market research to gain further market insights. In addition, ensure there is a method in place to proactively gather market intelligence on comparative educational offerings.
- Support the Admissions Registrar in communications with prospective parents via the admissions process to ensure consistency of message and tone.
- Working with the relevant academic team members to develop and implement internal marketing programmes to support the retention of pupils at the key stages within the school.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Head and Admissions Registrar, a programme of visits and activities, supported by up to date and relevant information, to build relationships with existing and potential feeder schools.
- Develop a positive and proactive whole-school marketing culture amongst teaching and support staff.
- Develop a powerful and sustainable content management strategy across web and social media sites to be measured against agreed KPIs.
- Support the school’s Alumni Co-ordinator to implement an impactful fundraising and friend-raising campaign to support the School’s future ambitions.
Advertising and promotion
• Develop the School’s external image through the pursuit of press and advertising opportunities.
- To be proactive in gathering newsworthy content from within the school through the academic staff and the pupils, that can be used to write engaging press releases and to encourage media interest.
- Keep abreast of general and national press to ensure that The Grange School is pro-active and writes appropriate articles on current issues with a view to developing a regional / national profile.
- To be responsible for the creation and implementation of the School’s advertising plan in line with the life and admissions cycle of the School.
- Develop the advertising campaigns to be used across different media channels and set up measures to monitor their effectiveness.
- To gain an understanding and be able to articulate the unique offering of the Junior School through working with the Junior School Head, observation and regular working at the School.
- Develop (with Junior School Head and Head of Year 7 / Admissions Registrar) robust retention/ transition programme of The Grange School – Junior to Senior.
- Develop (with Head of 6th Form) a robust retention/transition programme from Year 11 to 6th Form.
- Preparation of four newsletters per term.
• To be responsible for all the School’s external and internal marketing material. Ensuring this is produced to a high standard in keeping with the School’s brand and values.
• To be responsible for the overall management of the School website, ensuring that the content is engaging and up to date, with content being regularly uploaded.
• To review the School’s marketing material on a regular basis to ensure it is well received and fit for purpose.
• To produce additional communication material, branded items and signage as required.
• Manage the School’s relationship with any external agencies involved in the production of the School’s marketing material.
• Develop and track external marketing lead system.
- Develop opportunities to promote the profile of the Head and the Head’s vision for the school.
• Ensuring that the School website is populated with up to date, accurate and relevant information.
- Oversee School website design and development (including School, Theatre and Rowing Club) to ensure high quality, value, and best usage.
- Sourcing and managing the School’s outsourced website host, ensuring best value and reliability.
- Monitor & report on SEO (search Engine Optimisation) and take action to improve market penetration.
- Maximise the effective use of School’s social media presence proactively to ensure appropriate quality and frequency of communications.
• To be responsible for the social media strategy of the school.
• To review and maintain the policies in place to protect and support staff in their use of social media on the school’s behalf and those procedures to respond to inappropriate responses made by followers.
Parents and Alumni
• To review, with parents, the value of the communications they receive from the School and how they wish to receive this information.
• To be responsible for the development and production of marketing communications to the parent body.
• To build relations and support the GSPA (Grange School Parents Association) in marketing their events and activities.
• To support in the development of any literature or marketing material required for the School’s alumni.
• Manage the marketing budget by preparing an annual budgeted marketing plan and controlling annual expenditure with the approved budget
• Negotiate and develop relationships with any specialist external consultants including routine tendering to ensure best value.
• Help to organise, produce marketing material and take an active part in PR and school events, such as Open Days at both the Junior and Senior Schools, theatrical productions and Parents’ Evenings.
• Be aware of the School’s schedule of activities and events and capitalise on the PR opportunities they offer.
• Attend and prepare appropriate materials for stands at external events and exhibitions.
• Manage a list of VIP guests and invitations to school events.
To apply for the role of Marketing Manager please write a letter of application to support a fully completed application form and the names of two references to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 22nd January 2021. Interviews will take place week commencing 25th January 2021.