Marketing Manager Maternity Cover
Brighton College Prep Kensington is seeking to appoint a Marketing Manager
(Maternity Cover), to start June 2023.
Brighton College Prep Kensington is a brand-new independent preparatory school for children aged 2-13 years. As part of the Independent School of the Decade (The Sunday Times), the Independent School of the Year 2019 (The Sunday Times) and Britain’s Most Forward-Thinking School (The Week), Brighton College is a leading school in England.
Located in Kensington, the school takes pride in employing talented individuals who wish to become part of our inclusive community. We are proud of our staff and the contribution they make to the life of the school, and we offer professional development in a stimulating environment.
The Marketing Manager (maternity cover) will manage the planning and delivery of all marketing activity, to drive new interest from prospective parents locally and internationally. Utilising an integrated on and offline operational plan, the post holder will deliver high-quality, innovative and engaging campaigns that will build the BCPK brand and increase enquiries to the school.
• To understand and translate the Brighton College brand, representing it with clarity, consistency, and character across all media to develop and maintain a personality for BCPK within the family of schools whilst adhering to brand guidelines.
• To work with Cognita’s Head of Marketing & Admissions to translate the strategic marketing plan into a detailed, comprehensive, and well-targeted annual operational plan.
• To test and developing the best channel mix (across on and offline) to deliver objectives, monitoring performance over time to ensure the best return on investment.
• To be hands-on, managing multiple channels on a daily basis to include:
• Website content planning and management
• Booking and planning on and offline advertising opportunities
• Development of creative for on and offline activities
• Proactive planning and management of content for all school social media channels
• Management, design and copywriting for regular school newsletters
• Development of press releases and nurturing press relationships
• Development of school collateral including the prospectus
• Management of photography and videography, ensuring images are high quality, up to date, filed appropriately and have the appropriate consents.
• To manage the logistics and communications of marketing events such as Open Mornings.
• To play an integral role in monitoring responses to annual parent surveys, using them as both marketing and learning opportunities.
• To conduct competitor research to benchmark the activities of the school against local competitors.
• To maintain the availability of statutory information on the school website including school contacts, proprietary information, policies etc.
• To work closely with the admissions team to proactively promote enrolment across all school years, tailoring campaigns and communications to support areas that need extra focus.
• To work alongside the Brighton College marketing department on brand strategy and communications.
• Any other duties, as required regularly or occasionally, to ensure the smooth running of marketing communications.
• To take responsibility for the GDPR compliance of all marketing activity.
Essential skills and experience
• Qualification in a marketing degree or equivalent related work experience within a similar marketing role.
• Commercial awareness and good analytical and numerical skills.
• The ability to be innovative and creative, thinking of ideas and ways to differentiate.
• Excellent level of written and spoken English.
• Excellent IT and database skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience of using a CMS.
• Good command of digital marketing.
• Ability to establish and maintain good professional relationships with all stakeholders – pupils, parents, and colleagues.
• The ability to take both a strategic overview and hands-on approach.
• Ability to think creatively and positively in order to generate practical ideas.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to effectively quality control one’s own work.
• Ability to prioritise and use own initiative.
• A willingness to work flexibly as the needs of the role dictate (including weekends and evenings on occasion).
• Strategic and tactical marketing experience.
• Extensive experience across all social media channels in a business context.
• Experience of briefing and managing agencies, suppliers and freelance partners.
• Experience of translating marketing strategy into strong communication plans.
• Design experience including knowledge of and experience in InDesign and Photoshop.
Desirable skills and experience
• Understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Safeguarding, including Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety and Inclusion.
• Knowledge of the education sector.
• Experience within a customer service industry, where delivery of the experience is paramount to success.
• Experience of a sales-led environment.