Sherfield School is a leading co-educational independent day and boarding school for children aged 3 months to 18 years. Occupying over 76 acres of beautiful park land in Sherfield-on-Loddon in Hampshire, Sherfield boasts exceptional modern classrooms and facilities in a beautiful manor house dating back to the 12th century. We provide an environment where children flourish and develop their talents throughout their individual learning journeys, and create strong partnerships with parents to ensure every child is supported, inspired and challenged to reach their true potential. Through a wide range of creative, academic and sporting opportunities, we extend the learning beyond the classroom and ensure that every child develops the confidence and creative thinking to own their future. Sherfield is part of the Bellevue Education group of schools with headquarters in London, UK.
As Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the marketing and communication strategy to support local, national and international recruitment at Sherfield. Working in close partnership with the Admissions team and with support from the Bellevue marketing team, you will lead on the implementation of initiatives and activities that drive recruitment and promote word of mouth and parent satisfaction.
The position requires a flexible and goal driven “all-rounder” with an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong work ethic and a drive to build a strong brand presence for Sherfield. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated, creative and has a sincere interest in other people. With a strong focus on goals and detail-orientation, this role provides you with a great deal of responsibility and autonomy.
If you enjoy working hard and are motivated by seeing the results of your efforts, this position will both challenge and inspire you.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of School, with close links to the Bellevue central marketing team as a member of its wider team.
THE MARKETING MANAGER IS EXPECTED TO
- Design an annual strategic marketing plan based on annual market research
- Implement and lead the marketing strategy to ensure effective channels to market and timely executed activities/campaigns
- Drive pupil recruitment and retention through marketing and communication initiatives to ensure targets are met
- Manage the marketing budget and track ROI to ensure good channel investments
- Ensure a strong brand message and positioning through a clear communication mix and PR strategy
- Manage and lead the digital strategy through website, social media, listings and online campaigns
- Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment process and channel performance, and produce monthly KPI reports
- Work closely with staff on parent communication and regular newsletters
- Support the admissions registrar through ensuring strong admissions processes and procedures are in place
- Support the international recruitment strategy through working closely with Head of School and admissions on geographic targeting, agent management and recruitment trips
- Promote and build good relationships with outside institutions or groups such as nurseries and relocation agencies
- Plan, promote and execute school events such as open days, induction events, school tours and parent events
- Draft, collate and edit copy for marketing materials including newsletters, prospectus, parent handbooks, flyers and adverts
- Liaise with printers, designers and suppliers for marketing collateral and digital requirements
- Conduct research and analysis through annual parent and pupil surveys and focus groups, to ensure parent and pupil satisfaction at your schools are maintained and issues are identified and dealt with
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ work experience in marketing, PR and communications. It is not essential to have a background in education, but it could be an advantage
- Proven track record of leading and executing successful campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Previous experience in international education recruitment is desirable but not essential
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Organised and able to keep on top of many details and prioritise effectively
- Creative with excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills, with the ability to produce well formatted newsletters, programmes and presentations
- Working knowledge of using online content management programmes
- You will also be extremely sales-minded, energetic and positive
- You have gotten a bachelor degree or completed an education, ideally within marketing or communication
- You are an all-rounder and you enjoy doing daily administrative routines as much as creating new marketing ideas or finding solutions to problems
Required Start Date: January 6, 2020