About this Role
The Marketing Officer will report to the Marketing Manager and occasionally support the PR and Communications Manager. The wider team consists of Director of Marketing, Communications and Culture, PR and Comms Manager and Graphic Designer, who you will work alongside. You will support and execute the new marketing, content and digital strategy for both schools. You will be responsible for managing and creating allocated digital and print marketing material to a variety of stakeholders, including current, prospective parents and alumni.
You will show a genuine interest in education. You will have an impeccable eye for detail, multi-tasker, good project management skills and excel in a fast-paced environment. You will also have flexibility to work outside of your working hours, when required, to support the school.
Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
Role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- To be the brand advocate for the school, ensuring correct colours, typefaces, logos and crests are used throughout all marketing material
- Support the Marketing Manager in brand guardianship, ensuring the vison, values and tone of voice are consistent
- Identify ways to improve all branded material
- Identity where and when we need to evolve the brand guidelines
- Stay updated on industry trends, especially marketing and content
- Keep abreast of local and national education news
- Uphold the ethos and aims of the school.
Strategy and planning
- Support the Marketing Manager and PR and Communications Manager to execute the annual marketing and communication strategy and budget
- Support the Marketing Manager to execute the marketing information system (statistics, target market, competitor research etc) to enable strategic decision making for marketing purposes
- Monitoring of the marketing budget on a monthly and annual basis
- Support the Marketing Manager to undertake research to inform future
- Maintain and execute an annualised marketing calendar to ensure all events and initiatives are planned for in a timely manner
- To support the Marketing Manager and meet regularly with other teams to develop new marketing solutions
- Support the management of a central library of marketing assets and images
- To organise the annual and termly publications across both schools and brief the Graphic Designer
- To lead the creation of the weekly newsletters for the schools
- To implement our tone of voice across all internal and external communications
- To oversee the design of any items for concerts, conferences and talks, with the support of the Graphic Designer
- To oversee all internal school event material (e.g. Drama, Music, Art, Sport etc), with the support of the Graphic Designer
- To manage all external third-party suppliers with the support of the Graphic Designer.
- Support the Marketing Manager and execute the digital marketing strategy (including email marketing, SEO for website and any future blog content)
- Responsible day-to-day running, and any improvements, of the school website and the school’s social media channels
- Responsible for the web content and development
- Support the website redesign
- Responsible for the social media campaigns across the schools and oversee content
- To support the Marketing Manager’s work with Admissions to create bespoke campaigns on social to fulfil recruitment needs
- To support the analysis of social media, preparing monthly reports
- Manage all external suppliers, e.g. photographers, web designers, merchandise agencies, production companies, etc.
- To assist with the photography guidelines and application
- To assist with the creation of a black book of suitable photographers
- Support the Marketing Manager with the creation of all briefs, manage any external photographers to ensure all projects at both schools are covered within budget and on brief
- Support, if necessary, with photography at events across the school.
Admissions and Development
- Build and maintain a close relationship with the Admission Registrars across both schools to create plan of marketing requirements for the year
- Support with updating the school’s marketing materials such as prospectuses, newsletters and update emails to parents
- Build and maintain a close relationship with the Development team to identify and create any marketing campaigns (eg bursaries, alumni)
- Assist with materials for the development team for all alumni events
- Assist with marketing and publicity for all major school events such as open days