ACS International Schools is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the marketing team. ACS Marketing team is the engine of growth driving enrolment and advocacy for ACS’s UK schools. Each of the 3 UK schools is individual. ACS Hillingdon is forging a path in education by offering both the academically challenging IB, and US curriculum appealing to both international and local families, but also new courses in VFX with Pinewood studios and Expressive arts with LAMDA.
The Marketing Manager will play a key role in sharing the exciting range of opportunities and wonderful student success stories that ACS Hillingdon offers with an engaged Greater London audience. You will have social media skills, a can-do attitude and be able to build strong internal relationships to source and share the personal stories and insights that make Hillingdon so special. You’ll thrive in a community that welcomes everyone and wants each of our students to realise their potential and be the global thinkers and doers of tomorrow. You’ll need to understand the premium brand position of the school and manage its presence through compelling social media, communications and materials and open day events. You’ll support our Admissions team with ideas and be ready to roll your sleeves up to ensure the best customer experience for all visiting families. This is a role with opportunity to make an impact in a highly supportive, communal environment in a beautiful location. within London. ACS Hillingdon is a unique school. This is a one-off opportunity to join a very special school at an exciting time of growth.
Main areas of focus
- Develop and apply market understanding to marketing plans (central London and local internationally-minded families)
- Help plan digital campaigns
- Social Media content development & posting
- Source and develop school, teacher, student stories and turn into compelling content
- Manage parent-facing enrolment events and open days
- Brand champion ensuring advocacy and engagement with brand guidelines and ACS values internally.
- Support the Head with compelling comms, (as required)
- Manage budgets
- This role reports to the Head of Marketing and Communications UK schools.
You will be based 2 or 3 days a week at Hillingdon 1 day at our head office in Cobham with the wider marketing team. Flexibility on hybrid working during off-peak times.
This position could be right for you if you:
- Can demonstrate good market understanding of both international and local families.
- Have experience in premium sectors
- Have utilised digital platforms and content
- Have previously managed events (between 50 and 250 people)
- Have local market knowledge (Central & West London, Uxbridge & Bucks)
- Are a people-person with a desire to get “stuck in” a school environment
Why join ACS International Schools?
ACS International Schools is the leading International Schools group within the UK with 3 schools in and close to London serving a mixed community of internationally-minded local families, expats on long term assignments and international boarders (Cobham only). It is a pioneering group borne out of a desire to provide a broad education for internationally-minded students who want to find their place in and contribute to a global society. Founded more than 50 years ago, the education ACS offers (based originally on the American education system) now embraces a broad international curriculum that includes the highly regarded IB. Half of our students now go on to attend UK universities, with more and more local families wanting the benefit of an education that promotes independent thinking, a global mindset and a desire to make the world a better place for their children.
Our ACS Values are
- Welcome Everyone
- Aim High and Make it Happen
- Imagine Better
- Work Together
- Act with Kindness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Marketing professional with demonstrable experience of digital & social campaign marketing
- Experience of managing social media accounts
- Data rational with the ability to analyse
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Event organisation experience desirable
- Good project management skills with an eye for detail and an ability to see things through.
- Bright, open, confident, resourceful and highly professional
- Self-starting with the ability to operate independently and as a team.
- Proven ability in influencing in order to cultivate relationships and motivating people to act with all stakeholders, including Senior Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with the impetus to make things happen ACS is committed to inclusion across race, gender, faith, identity and abilities.
We believe that diversity helps us to fulfil our purpose, realise our vision and exemplify our values. ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.