Full-time, full-year role
Salary: £27,000 – £31,000 per annum dependent on experience
St Gabriel’s School is seeking to appoint an experienced and proactive Marketing Officer to join our friendly Marketing & Admissions team. We are looking for a strong team player who will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Admissions in developing and implementing our marketing, communication and recruitment strategies.
This is an exciting role as the school continues its journey to becoming fully co-educational in September 2026. This role reports to the Director of Marketing & Admissions and works closely with the Senior Leadership Team. As such, the Marketing Officer plays a vital role in school and your input and contribution will be valued. You will be responsible for developing and deploying the St Gabriel’s digital marketing strategy, making an impact with our online presence and strengthening the St Gabriel’s brand.
Your main areas of focus will be:
• Planning and creating digital campaigns to build brand awareness, engage our school community and raise the profile of St Gabriel’s in the local area
• Capturing and creating engaging and compelling content
• Advising on how to evolve the school website as well as regularly reviewing and updating content
• Assisting in the development of non-digital collateral such as our prospectus and offline advertisements, whilst advising on how to migrate more content to the digital environment
The successful candidate will be:
• Confident in building excellent working relationships with staff, parents and pupils alike.
• Experienced in working as part of a marketing team, ideally within the education sector.
• Creative and have excellent communication skills – visual, written and verbal
• Highly organised, able to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and have a meticulous attention to detail
• Experienced in paid digital marketing and will have knowledge of a range of software packages and content tools
Founded in 1929, St Gabriel’s is a thriving independent school for children aged 6 months to 18 years with approximately 500 pupils on roll. The key to our success is providing a balanced and inspiring education within a community based on mutual respect and collaboration, creating an environment where pupils are confident, engaged and happy.
Situated at Sandleford Priory, which dates back to the early Middle Ages, St Gabriel’s is set in a beautiful Grade 1 listed building within 33 acres of Capability Brown parkland, providing a gracious setting in which to work.
Method of Application
Please apply by completing an Application Form (either through TES, or the St Gabriel’s application form found on the website) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 23 November 2023 (or earlier if a suitable number of applications are received).
We expect interviews to take place the following week.
This role commences from 8th January 2024 but we are happy to consider a later start date, allowing for the notice period of the successful candidate.
St Gabriel’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and the receipt of an enhanced DBS certificate.