We require an excellent and experienced administrator with an engaging, positive and can-do attitude who possesses outstanding interpersonal skills to join the award-winning team at Brambletye School as our Registrar.
This is an important, high-profile and pivotal position at the school. Working closely with the Headmaster, Bursar and Head of Marketing you will oversee the entire admissions process, from enquiry through to enrolment. The primary responsibilities of this role will be pupil recruitment, customer service and efficient and accurate administration.
The post-holder will be responsible for all communications with prospective parents prior to joining the school therefore the ability to develop, nurture and sustain strong relationships is essential.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Job Description.
Hours of Work
Below are the days and hours of work for this position however flexibility with hours may be discussed at interview, please make this clear on your application.
During term-time the hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day.
During the school holidays there will be the requirement to work:
- Three full days before the start of each term for Inset – 8.30am to 5.00pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break;
- The first week of the school holidays following the end of the autumn and spring terms Monday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm;
- The first two weeks of the school holidays following the end of the summer term Monday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm; and
- 50 floating hours to be worked in the school holidays and at other suitable times to liaise with prospective parents. Hours to be agreed in advance where practical with the Head of Marketing.
Please note that the school holiday arrangements are subject to review and possible change in consultation with the post-holder after the first year.
The successful candidate will be appointed between scale point 26 and 33 of Brambletye’s Non-Teachers Pay Scale – £19,774 to £24,730 per annum. The full-time equivalent salary is £26,019 to £32,540 per annum.
- An immediate and very generous school fee discount which is available in our Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep-School;
- Membership of the school’s contributory pension scheme for staff;
- Complimentary use of our excellent leisure facilities;
- Free meals of outstanding quality when working;
- Use of a well-equipped staff room which includes complimentary hot and cold drinks, biscuits and fresh fruit and newspapers; and
- Free on-site parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like an informal discussion prior to applying, please contact Mrs Amelia Brooks, Head of Marketing either via telephone: 01342 321004 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org who would be happy to discuss this position with you in further detail.
To apply, please download a copy of our application form from the Brambletye School website and return fully completed to Heather White (HR Manager) via email: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday, 19th November 2021, however we will be interviewing candidates as applications are received and we may withdraw this vacancy before this date, therefore early application is strongly advised.
Interviews will be arranged in accordance with current Government advice regarding the Covid-19 situation.
Please note that applications not submitted on the Brambletye application form or where the Brambletye application form has not been completed in full, will not be considered. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for a completed Brambletye application form.
Applicants who have lived outside of the UK for more than three months in the past 5 years will be required to provide a Police check from their country/countries of residence.
Brambletye School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its recruitment and selection process. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.