We are seeking to appoint an experienced Registrar to oversee the admissions strategy across all parts of the school, including junior, senior, Sixth Form, day and boarding.
Reporting to the Headmaster and working closely with the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for delivering an effective admissions function and conversion strategy, based on agreed targets, with a high level of commitment to outstanding customer care and service. You will be the main point of contact for all prospective families from the UK and overseas, guiding and influencing families through to enrolment. This is an exciting time to be joining St David’s College as we focus on continued development across the UK and international markets. To be successful, you will preferably be experienced in school admissions and have strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will be proactive and a self-starter with ambition to make a significant impact in this role. The successful candidate will have tact and diplomacy when dealing with parents, candidates and agents and be able to work both as part of a collaborative team and independently with minimum supervision. You will be sympathetic to the Christian values of the school.
In conjunction with the Headmaster and working closely with the Marketing Manager, maintain and develop appropriate recruitment strategies to ensure that appropriate calibre boarding and day pupils know about and are attracted to St David’s College, and that pupil numbers remain high throughout the College.
- Overseeing the complete admissions cycle from start to finish.
- Meet prospective parents and host families upon arrival at the school and prior to interview, possibly attend the tour with the Headmaster; see to the farewell and arrange any follow-up.
- Managing the admissions database at St David’s College in conjunction with the Headmaster.
- Using excellent customer management skills, communicate with and manage all relationships with prospective and registered students, their families and agents (as necessary) on a regular basis.
- Maintaining good relationships with overseas agents. Making sure contracts and references are up to date.
- Working with the Headmaster to maintain and grow existing relationship with current feeder schools and agents. Identify and develop potential new feeder schools and agents.
- Developing relationships with agents and opportunities for expanding our overseas outreach.
- Overseeing arrangements for staff visits and tours and reciprocal by prospective International parents and pupils.
- Liaising with SENCo, teaching staff and Housemaster/Houseparent concerned with regard to ‘Taster’ visits to prepare for the visit and gather feedback.
- Overseeing all applications for Tier 4 with our outsourced firm.
- Working with the Assistant Head responsible for overseas boarders and students.
- May on occasion have to make trips overseas to develop networks and partnerships
- Salary: In the region of £35,000 negotiable, depending on experience.
Start date: ASAP. Ideally by September 1st.
Further information: For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Headmaster’s Secretary on 01492 875974
Application: To apply please complete the application form on the website www.stdavidscollege.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date: 5pm, 15th November, 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Headmaster’s Secretary on 01492 875974
To apply please complete the application form on the website www.stdavidscollege.co.uk/vacancies