Senior Marketing Co-Ordinator
- Health cash plan
- Community events
- Free three course lunch, during term time
- Free onsite parking
- Use of the gym and swimming pool, at specified times
- Discounted Bacon Theatre tickets
- Company sick pay entitlement
- Company pension scheme
This is a full-time position within a fun and lively Marketing Team, working within the heart of the Prep and Pre-Prep schools and under the leadership of the Foundation’s Director of Marketing and Communications. You will work closely with the Headmistress of DCPPS, the Headmaster of DCPS and the Head of Admissions DCPS. With no two days ever being the same, we require an experienced, highly motivated marketing professional to manage the day-to-day marketing activity of these schools. You will be part of a wider DCF marketing team and will work together with the marketeers in the other schools.
The basic hours of work are Monday to Friday from 9.00am until 5.00pm (with half hour unpaid lunch break). However, this role will require the flexibility to work to deadlines and to attend occasional events during evenings and weekends. In holidays there is flexibility in choosing working hours with some hybrid working, to be agreed with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Marketing Team
The marketing team consists of six members who work across the Foundation in the following roles:
• Director of Marketing and Communications, DCF
• Marketing Manager, DCS
• Senior Marketing Co-ordinator, DCPS
• Marketing Co-ordinator, Dean Close St John’s
• Marketing Co-ordinator, Dean Close Airthrie
• In-house Graphic Designer, DCF
They all benefit hugely from being part of a dynamic and happy team. As well as scheduled team meetings they are in regular contact, working in collaboration to share creative ideas, skills and best practice, offering support to each other.
Working within the Prep, Pre-Prep and occasionally for the wider Foundation:
• Help to develop an annual, carefully costed marketing plan, in close consultation with the Head and the Admissions team, and in the context of the wider Marketing Strategy, to be agreed with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
• Liaise closely with the Director of Marketing to ensure continuity across the site.
• Build relationships with staff in both the Prep, Pre-Prep and across the DCF. Specifically develop strong relationships with the Admissions (Sales) Team.
• Monitor the School calendar and internal workings as well as external market trends, to identify opportunities.
• Meet regularly with the DCF marketing team, working together to share skills and best practice.
• Support the Choristers in their promotional and marketing activities.
• Performance will be reviewed annually against the targets and objectives set in the annual marketing plan.
Website and video management
• Day to day content management
• Generate and load news stories
• Change photos on an ongoing basis to keep the site fresh
• Ensure all information, such as school calendars, policies, etc, are up to date
• Monitor analytics and produce reports
• Manage admissions hub
• Manage digital campaigns using Google Ads and website cookies
• Work with the Foundation on filming projects
• Use iPad to make simple films for social media.
Social Media Management
• Implement the DCF social media strategy
• Analyse results and trends, and report back
• Run targeted digital campaigns
• Identify social media trends and make suggestions to the wider team newsletters
• Produce and distribute termly e-newsletter
• Offer support in the creation and distribution of the weekly newsletter
• Produce the annual school magazine event management
• Develop and implement comprehensive programme of marketing/promotional events, eg:
– Pre-prep events such as coffee mornings, open mornings, Forest School events…
– Prep events such as fun days, music days, sports days…
• Identify and develop relationships with market niches, eg. nurseries, primary schools
• Promote both Heads and get them out to events
• Promote open mornings with posters and flyers and distribute appropriately
• Attend and help to manage events on the day
• In time, create new events that add value to the Dean Close experience for parent and child press & advertising
• Generate stories for press, website and social media outlets
• Provide regular news stories to identified directories, features and websites
• Generate copy and photos where appropriate for outside publications
• Develop an annual rolling advertising schedule
• Maintain press list and develop relationships
• Monitor advertising opportunities for discussion
• Work with the in-house designer
• Monitor new advertising opportunities for discussion
• Work with Admissions to keep directories up to date Print collateral production
• Meet deadlines for the updating of all school literature
• Work with the in-house designer to develop new literature
• Work on the Unify Schools system to generate new literature and analytics
• Produce the Young Decanian magazines, under direction and work with Youngest Decanian.
• Work on the other digital platforms used by the School such as My Parent Portal and the Intranet.
• Organise and manage photography and film professionals as required
• Manage promotional items and stock control
• Attend conferences, workshops and training as suggested by the Director of Marketing
• Be aware of first impressions for visitors and report any issues that need addressing
• Record spend and work to budget The Foundation
• Provide information for the Foundation’s Annual Report
• Work on the Foundation website as requested
• Share Foundation social media content as instructed
Key skills and characteristics required:
• Experience of working on digital and traditional marketing projects
• Experience of marketing planning
• Experience of events management
• Advanced IT skills including strong knowledge of CMS and social media platforms
• Ideally some knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey and video editing
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
• Creative flair with a good eye for design
• Ability to work independently and drive things forward
• Good communication skills and the confidence to converse with a range of personnel
• Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Market and industry awareness an advantage
Terms and Conditions
Annual leave pro-rata (25 days plus bank holidays) to be taken in the school holidays.
All staff are expected to
• Work towards and support the Dean Close Foundation vision and ethos.
• Support and contribute to the Foundation’s responsibility for safeguarding pupils.
• Work within the Foundation’s health and safety policy to ensure a safe working environment for staff, students and visitors.
• Promote equality of opportunity for all students and staff, both current and prospective.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties required that are related to the job purpose from time to time.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post from time to time. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Any queries regarding the role should be submitted to email@example.com
Please apply via TES – https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/senior-marketing-coordinator-dean-close-preparatory-school-cheltenham-dean-close-preparatory-school-lansdown-road-cheltenham-gloucestershire-1693316
The Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.